Chapter 14: Secrets Kept Hidden

⚠️MENTIONS TORTURE⚠️

Peters been gone for a month and two days.

Mj, Ned and Flash all have been now missing for four days since it's now October 4th on a chilly Sunday almost afternoon.

May gently drops the box filled with the Parkers things for Peter onto the coffee table in the comms. Everyone is sitting on the couch, looking at the box that says For Peter B. Parker on it.

There was an envelope that was attached to the top of the box that May had unstuck from it. Like the box it said For Peter B. Parker in messy handwriting like it was rushed.

"We should open that envelope" Tony states allowing Pepper to hit him in the shoulder.

"It's not for us to read" Yelena denies.

"Neither is the box" Tony snaps back.

"It might have something on here so I'll open it" May settles before opening the letter and reading it out loud.

Dear Peter Parker,

We're so sorry that we couldn't see you grow up into a teenager and an adult but through the years we were able to see you grow up, you've surprised us by many ways.

We don't want you to ever think we wanted this to happen or that we wanted to keep secrets from you but you were too young to understand and we weren't allowed to share Oscorps plans or our work with anyone and that's also why your aunt and uncle couldn't know about our work.

Yes, we worked for Oscorp. More specifically Norman Osborn. Your father had found out to make a radioactive spider and when Norman wanted to know more about it, your father and I hid it from him. We knew it was going to be dangerous and we didn't want it to get in the wrong hands so we made sure it will only work on one person specifically and that was you.

Richard had put some of his blood into that spider and so when it had bit you, you wouldn't die like everyone else who would've if the spider had bit them.

We suspect that you are old enough and have the abilities of a spider when reading this hopefully, but one can never know the future. We know that you are doing amazing things with this kind of power and even as your own self.

I'm sorry that I'm rushing this but our cover has been blown. We have to get onto a plane before they find us and send you to your aunt and uncle who are taking amazing care of you.

We have a secret area that we are going to be flown too and if they somehow find us...we're sorry we couldn't see you graduate and have a family.

You're the best son we could've ever asked for.

We love you so much Peter and we will never forget our son. We hope you don't forget us either.

Love,

Mom and dad

"They were good people" Wanda speaks up after a few seconds of silence.

"They were but sadly the letter didn't contain any new information" Vision concludes. "I'm sorry about your loss by the way."

"It happened years ago, it's ok. Maybe the box will give us new information" May claims as she puts down the letter and opens the box up.

Inside were notebooks, loose papers and a few items that the Parkers would want Peter to keep. May takes out the notebooks and loose papers and hands each one out to everyone.