Chapter 31: They Know

Monday the seventeenth.

The AcaDec is going back to the plan that Abe had mentioned.

Following Peter after school.

They honestly don't want to do it cause the boy is paranoid enough but they really want to know if something is going on with Peter other than cooping with the trauma he definitely got along with Mj, Ned and Flash. 

Peter is set off for his walk, waving goodbye to his friends and Happy Hogan who is driving the kids home like usual.

They are a block down and Peter had already looked behind him once. They thought their footsteps were too loud but Peter doesn't seem to notice them just as they duck behind an alley.

Now it's block three and Peter had looked over his shoulder quite a few times. He makes a beeline where they follow him to Delmars Deli.

The team wonders why would he go there without his friends and especially his girlfriend whose father owns the deli. The team feels like Peter knows someone is following him. There is no way. He looked behind him like he knew.

They stand at the side of the shop, a few by the front and a few at the back incase he goes through the back. After a few minutes, Peter had actually gone through the back. Yep, he probably knows what's up. The team follows him anyways when he takes a phone call.

"H-hey Tony" Peter greets. "I ummm I think...I don't know." Another moments of a pause, probably Tony Stark talking. "No I think it's my...senses. It won't stop going off. I don't feel danger though. I just...I don't know." Another pause. "Just left Delmars, I'm walking with civilization." Pause. "No I don't think it's them. It's not telling me of danger...just I have no clue." Quick pause follows. "Stop calling it my Peter tingle Tonyyyy. I'm still mad at May for coming up with that." Pause. "Karen's all hooked up, yes. Well I was planning to go out...hey, maybe it's a malfunction? Can my senses do that?" Pause. "You saying my tingle is tingling sounds like I have to pee." Pause. "You don't need to pick me up. Maybe it's nothing. I mean I would've gotten attacked already if it were something." Pause. "No, I can't identify it or else I would have already." Pause. "Ima just keep walking around and until it stops, I won't be going home. I'll just try and change when I can. Bye Tony."

Peter hangs up the phone, continuing his walk. The AcaDec team looks at each other with a sigh. Guess they aren't gonna find out anything.

            <><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Wait...Peter was talking about senses, tingling and most importantly, knowing that we weren't a danger to him" Betty brings up on their FaceTime call.

"Holy shit! You're right!" Cindy practically shouts.

"What does that mean though?" Charles questions.

"Can't Spider-Man do all those things? Look we have all these clues. The baby spider keychain, the bug squad sweatshirt, knowing if danger is around, going out alone, an AI. It all makes sense, don't you guys think?" Betty lists.

"But he isn't ripped. I saw him without his shirt one time" Abe comments.

"And when was that?" Betty asks.

"Sometime in middle school" Abe shrugs.

"Spider-Man started out when we were freshmen" Sally claims. "But do we really know if Peter is Spider-Man? He can't even do gym class or protect himself from bullies."

"Secret identity for a reason" Betty states.

"As much as SOME things would make sense, it also doesn't. I mean there is no way Spider-Man is our age" Sally argues.