Chapter 39: Family Is Always There For You

It's Saturday on March 3rd. Peter has been working up the courage to tell May about the note he had received. In all honesty, he hasn't told anyone what the note had said and everyone's suspicious.

May is currently sitting across from him on his bed, waiting for Peter to tell her what he needed to talk about. It shouldn't even be that hard but it feels impossible.

"Peter, you can tell me anything. You know that right?" May assures.

"Yeah...I know" Peter nods.

"So what is it that you need to tell me?" May asks leaving Peter silent for another few seconds.

"I ummm are you...are you hiding anything from me about my parents?" Peter wonders. "I mean I know some parts of them like with that bunker in Switzerland and them creating the radioactive spider but that's it."

"There is things your parents didn't tell anyone, didn't even tell me or Ben. Things they couldn't. I was looking through the attic and found a box from your parents with their things in there that contains their work and letters to...well you" May explains.

"To me?" Peter questions.

"Yes, to you Peter. They knew what kind of job they signed up for and they knew they wouldn't be here forever so they had wrote letters. I was meaning to tell you but I never found the right time cause I found the box when you were gone" May tells him.

"Can I see the box?" Peter asks.

"Sure, I left it in my room cause I had to bring it here. I'll go get it and then leave you be" May agrees as she gets up and leaves.

Two minutes passes by with Peter scrambling through his thoughts when May comes up and sets the box on his bed.

"Thanks May" Peter thanks.

"No problem sweetie. Just...if you need to ask me any questions, I'll try my best to answer and I know you'll connect the dots to some of what's in there so just know, you can ask anyone about any questions" May hints.

Peter looks at her confused but before he can say anything, May had left and closed the door behind her.

Peter looks down at the box to see that it says For Peter B. Parker in rushed handwriting. Peter doesn't take another second when he opens up the box to reveal papers, notebooks and little things Peter guesses they wanted him to keep. Peter pulls out the stack of letters and starts to read through them first.

Dear Peter Parker,

We're so sorry that we couldn't see you grow up into a teenager and an adult but through the years we were able to see you grow up, you've surprised us by many ways.

We don't want you to ever think we wanted this to happen or that we wanted to keep secrets from you but you were too young to understand and we weren't allowed to share Oscorps plans or our work with anyone and that's also why your aunt and uncle couldn't know about our work.

Yes, we worked for Oscorp. More specifically Norman Osborn. Your father had found out to make a radioactive spider and when Norman wanted to know more about it, your father and I hid it from him. We knew it was going to be dangerous and we didn't want it to get in the wrong hands so we made sure it will only work on one person specifically and that was you.

Richard had put some of his blood into that spider and so when it had bit you, you wouldn't die like everyone else who would've if the spider had bitten them.

We suspect that you are old enough and have the abilities of a spider when reading this hopefully, but one can never know the future. We know that you are doing amazing things with this kind of power and even as your own self.