Chapter 20: Clinging to the Daytime

⚠️PANIC ATTACKS⚠️

Peter jumps up with fear in his eyes and cold water that was dumped onto him. His breathing starts to pick up. He tries to look around but all he sees is the room where most of his torturing had happened.

"Shit!" He hears a voice yell.

"What the fuck did you do Wilson?!" another voice screams.

"I was just trying to prank him because of the prank wars! I didn't mean to do that!" Sam defends.

"Hey kid, I need you to listen to me and breathe. Alright? It's Tony and in order for you to calm down, I need you to take in deep breaths. Ok?" Tony hurriedly gets to Peters side and tries to guide him. "Copy my breathing."

Tony starts to take exaggerated breaths and at first, Peter doesn't copy but slowly does as the torture room starts to disappear with it. It takes a few minutes but Peters breaths go back to normal and he clings to Tony as Tony hugs him back.

"I'm sorry Peter. I was just trying to prank you. I didn't mean to cause that kind of a reaction" Sam apologizes.

"You didn't know, it's ok" Peter forgives him and cuts Tony off before he could argue.

Ever since Peter had gotten better, the prank wars had went in full force. They had to do new teams because of it not being fair and Tony getting everyone he hates but they finally came to an agreement with the teams.

Clint, Yelena, Wanda, Bucky and Peter, much to Tony's disagreement how Peter should be on his team and Tony, Rhodey, Sam, Nat and Steve on the other team. The pranks also helped with team bonding and it's true, everyone had gotten closer but Tony still had his doubt sometimes with Bucky and Steve.

Vision sadly didn't want to be in the prank wars. He found them pointless and Peter guesses you could blame the android part of him. He went on about how dangerous it could be, how someone could get hurt, how it could upset someone and it was just a whole lecture that Peter had to pretend to listen to.

Pepper, May and Happy wanted nothing to do with the prank wars. Pepper and Happy knew how things always got messy and had warned May but it's also because May is busy working and isn't always at the tower like Peter.

They still had their apartment back in Queens but Peter will be living with the avengers until he has to go back to school. May was the one who said that and had Tony agree because having more people around you to help when things get tough is always good. 

Mj, Ned and Flash also visits a lot and sometimes joins in on the pranks but they're mutual with the teams. They aren't on a certain team and can prank whoever.

It's December 12th on a Saturday. It had only been sixteen days since Tony's argument and apologies with Steve and Bucky went down and true to their words, they're trying their best to make amends.

Christmas is around the corner and soon New Years and then back to school. Peter is honestly nervous but he pushes that to the back of his head, he doesn't need to be dealing with that right now besides the schoolwork of course.

But because Christmas is fast approaching, he still needs to get gifts. He was going to go out with Mj, Ned and Flash for gifts when he was rudely interrupted by his sleep which he is still having trouble with. He can eat more foods and his metabolism is adjusting very good so Cho said he'll be all good when school comes.

"Here, why don't we eat break-lunch" Tony corrects himself.

"Lunch?" Peter questions.

"It's 11:30" Tony supplies which makes Peter jump off and out of his hug from Tony.