Chapter 8: CRUZ & I

We stayed a while longer and then Vincenzo and I left. When we returned home I was tired. I quickly took a bath and then I took a sleep.. I was so tired that I didn't even eat anything.

---------------------
I am exhausted, since I came to Italy there is always something to do but I didn't mind because I rather have something to do than be bored not that the party yesterday was fun in any way.

I went downstairs and for the first time I saw everyone eating at the table normally no one actually uses that table. I have been in Italy for a while and I never saw not once that the table was used. I wonder what was different with today. By a while,I meant a few days.

I walked pass the table but Vincenzo followed me into the kitchen. "Come and sit at the table" he said calmly. I listened going towards the table. Ace,Axel, Vincenzo and I were the only ones at the table. Obviously Ace and Axel would be at the table since they are close to Vincenzo. I was a bit anxious. I felt the anxiety kicking in. I don't really like when I am in a room and the attention is on me, well not really but it felt like it.

Vincenzo finally broke the silence,"Happy Birthday Ace." Now I know why we are sitting together.

Axel grinned saying,"How does it feel to be 26." I really thought that they would hug him at least but no. I know for a fact that Axel will not hug him because Axel doesn't do hugs. Well I have to say something I turned to Ace with a smile,"Happy Birthday Ace." and I hugged him.

Vincenzo gave Ace a demonic look to make sure that Ace doesn't wrap his arms around me while I hug him. I released the hug and I murmured,"I'm sorry I didn't get you anything." Ace and Axel laughed out making me give them a confused look. I confusingly asked,"What.. Don't you get gifts on your birthday." Axel still laughing managed to blurt out,"We don't do gifts on birthdays."

Well that makes a lot of sense. Their mafia clearly don't do those things. I don't get gifts either but I would like to get gifts on my birthday it would feel nice. I use to get gifts when I was younger from my mom,that is before she left us and married the Mafia leader of Spain but I don't care since the New York and Spanish Mafia would be mines. Now as I am older I don't get gifts.

I took my breakfast and I was going back to my room when Ace followed me,"We are going out. Do you want to come. " I am surprised that Ace is inviting me. I questioned,"Where are we going."

"We are going to Vincenzo's private field," he said. I actually didn't know that Vincenzo had a field but why not...he is the Mafia king. I asked,"What are you going to do there. "

"Football,"he said excitedly. I don't like football at all. No offense to anyone who does but football just isn't for me. I felt bad but I told him the truth,"Sorry,but I don't like football.. I'm gonna have to pass on the invite." Ace didn't mind since he didn't want me to not enjoy myself,and I'm pretty sure if I went then I probably would've been bored.

I heard when Ace went back to the table since his foot steps made a loud noise while leaving. I heard him telling Axel and Vincenzo that I'm not coming. I ate in my room,took a bath then I watch some movies. It was good to see that Vincenzo had friends. Ones that actually care for him. Normally he has enemies or people that fear him.

I went back downstairs in the evening and it looked like the guys now left. I knew that they wouldn't leave to early so they left about 10 minutes ago.

The place was boring. The only person at home was me since the other workers went to the warehouse today. I decided to go get Ace a gift. I don't care if they don't do gifts. I want him to get one from me since he had been great to me since I came to Italy.

I took one of the cars and I went to a few stores but I found nothing. At this point I was losing hope. I don't really know Ace much so I don't know what he likes. The only thing I know is that he has been great to me.