Chapter 37: DON'T SUSPECT A THING

UNKNOWN POV:

I stood on the roof top looking down at the looks on their faces. Hmm..they all seemed happy. They don't suspect danger. Very stupid of them to think that danger isn't always lurking.

I always thought that he was smart but it seemed like he was stupid after all. I had been here almost everyday watching and waiting and looking at how they all kept their guard down.

Except for one. He had always been the smartest which is why it would've been good if he worked for us instead of this pathetic fucker.

He always had his guard up. Never taking chances because he knew that chances is all it takes for someone to strike but since last week he'd been busy. His mind had been elsewhere which is why he didn't even suspect that I was here.

They all talked and I even heard him saying that he doubled security. Unfortunately security was never a problem for me. They all hustled trying to make sure that everything was in order.

I was waiting for a specific person. The rest of them were of no use to me but it would've been enjoyable to kill them too. You see, I cannot wait to make those smile on their faces turn into anger and sadness. There's nothing more that I like than ruining people's lives.

Just the one that I was waiting for. I watched as she hugged him and he smiled. What a fucking pathetic display. He was said to be tough and yet there he was being vulnerable.

In this world being vulnerable is just asking for yourself to be hurt. Imagine someone taking away something that you love and using it against you.

He had been smart all these years and it only took him to look at her once and he lost it. He lost all the sense he had. Instead of turning away and controlling himself, he went after what made his cold heart start to beat again.

I played with my lighter that was in my hands as I moved them with my fingers. “Assholes, they don't suspect a thing,” my guy said as he looked over at them.

I like a good fight but this will be much more fun. I can picture in my head already. “And they really thought that they were the best,” he added.

I placed my knife at his neck to stop him from talking. I hate losing my focus. My men or not, I'd shoot them if they pissed me off and right now he was talking a bit too much.

He was here standing next to me as he didn't dare to say another word. I removed my knife from his neck and he immediately backed away. It was about fucking time. I sometimes wonder what assholes like him would've done if they didn't have someone like me to guide them.

We're spying on people and instead of being quiet and observant he decided that it'd be nice to diss them. Good thing I'm the one that calls the shots.

I watched at her as she gave everyone else hugs. “She should've never made enemies with me. I serve much better as an ally. Making me an enemy will be the cause of her downfall,” I mumbled to myself.

She really has no idea what is going to happen to her. A smile plastered my face as they all left leaving her all alone.  So vulnerable.