Chapter 40: BROKEN

SOFIA POV:

2 months later....

“If you ever look at her breast like that again I will end you. What you see there is mines, got it,” Axel hissed.

I rolled my eyes, “Axel she's just a baby”

“Well I was just letting her know,” he shrugged. Axel left the room and he might be a manipulator and a fucking psychopath, my psychopath but one thing he couldn't do was hide his emotions. He tried using his anger issues and his attitude, his sarcastic nature to hide his sadness.

Serpents don't show emotions. Its just the way they are. Ace on the other hand had been doing anything he could to let out his anger. He isn't "the destroyer" for no reason. He'd been killing random people who he thought was involved in what happened.

He barely slept, not like if serpents sleep anyway but he got much worse. He was a better person when she was here. It's so fucking crazy how one person could turn everyone's world upside down.

Axel Grayson Martinez, who I like to call Grayson since it is his middle name, had been to himself. I barely see him around. Non of us does. He actual had the Serpents worried. After all it is a saying that if one serpent fall then so does the others.

Damon and Zade were hurt too but not as much as Ace, Grayson and Axel Ford. Fuck, I can't believe that I am thinking of his whole name. He hates it when I say Ford.

Everything was fucked and life barely had any meaning to us. I kept strong when I could. They needed someone to lead, someone to carry the strength so that we could get some answers.

I'd hide when I knew that I would break down. I couldn't let any one of them see my pain. If they did, then they'd break more than they are now.

Tears slipped down my eyes as I looked down on Madeline. She looks just like her mother. Her eyes and her little smile.

She reminded us all so much of what we were all trying so hard not to break down from. I should've been there that day. I should've done something, I could've done something. If I had only known that there was a threat then I would've never left.

Why'd we leave her home alone. We should've been there. Vincenzo would break whenever he saw Madeline. She would always remind him of Maddy. After everything that happened, Vincenzo named his baby himself after the woman that he loved.

Madeline had his heart. He'd be sad when he held her in his arms because he blamed himself. He wished that he could've done more. At the same time, he needed her. Madeline was the only one left that he truly loved. So while it hurt to be around his baby, it also gave him comfort.

I heard the creak of my door and I looked back to see Vincenzo walking into my room. Madeline had been staying with me. I take care of her while Vincenzo goes out for revenge, trying to get any clue or tracks of who those people were.

Non of us are ever going to let go of what happened. She's not dead. She can't be. The place was a fucking mess. Bodies everywhere and blood stained the mansion.

We're not willing to do a funeral without a body. Her body was never found. We still have hope. The footage of how damaged she was that day looked pretty bad but we can't accept her dead. He still comes by everyday to stay with Madeline.

“Hello love,” he whispered to Madeline as he took her from my arms. His voice low and cracked with sadness.
He still had the wrath in his eyes. Going after his love was the worse mistake to make. He is the Mafia King and once he lost his queen, he lost his control.

She was the only one who had control over him. He'd listen to her only. Now she isn't here to stop him from killing any and everyone.

We'll find those bastards and we'll kill everyone of them.
“I love you so much but your mummy..she loves you more,” he whispered to Madeline. I wiped my tears not wanting Vincenzo to see them.

Ace and Grayson heard Vincenzo screaming, crying and blaming himself that day. He had a swirl of emotions. He refused to believe it, he was in denial, he accepted it, he refused to believe it again and lastly he stayed in denial.

His screams shook the mansion. Everything felt dead and empty. It left all of us broken.

No fingerprints were left since they all wore gloves. Fucking smart motherfuckers.

I heard a footstep and walked out of my room, leaving Vincenzo and Madeline in there. I pulled out my dagger and walked to where I heard the footsteps.

I lowered my dagger when I saw Ace. What was I even thinking? No one can get into a Serpents mansion. Right now all of us are here. Damon and Zade were somewhere around.

Axel left to kill some assholes. Grayson locked himself in the guest room and Ace, he was pacing back and forth. I walked up to him and he pulled out a gun and pointed it at me.

“Its just me,” I whispered as I lowered his gun. His eyes were lost and there was nothing but emptiness. It was his reflexes that made him pull out his gun. “We're safe here. No one can get into a Serpents mansion and your stepbrother Axel is the fucking leader. No one will dare come here. Don't be on guard Ace.. What happened that day wasn't your fault.”

Ace had the brains out of all the Serpents. He was the silent but deadly one. He was the one that set up security at Vincenzo's mansion as well as all of the Serpents including himself mansions and buildings.

Except no one ever dared or could enter a Serpents mansion or building so how did someone enter Vincenzo's mansion.

Ace was hard on himself after that. He blamed himself. “Nothing,” he whispered so that Vincenzo wouldn't hear us.

That same sadness and anger in his voice just like the day he called and told me what had happened. Ace, Grayson and Vincenzo were already at the mansion.

After he told me the news over the call, I immediately left with Axel and the baby. Damon and Zade also followed us and we saw the mansion. All the bodies, all the blood.

After that day, Ace had been going out to get answers. Every single day. The worse part is that he comes back angry and disappointed. After searching for a day, he'd come back to this mansion and tell me the exact words that he just did "nothing."

That would break me every time. Why can't we just get a fucking clue.