Chapter 36: NAME

MADDY POV:

1 week later....

"Maddy I want to read to her," Sofia says while walking in. She took the baby in her arms and had all the bags ready. Sofia stopped for me to kiss my baby then she left with her. Sofia has been coming here everyday ever since I gave birth and even before that. She is very close to the baby just as she is with me.

Speaking of that Vincenzo and I still haven't gotten a name for her. We still call her our baby girl. We knew that we had to name her and we were going to do it until an argument broke out two days ago.

2 days ago....

I walked into the room but stood at the door as I looked at Vincenzo holding our baby in his arms. Talking to her softly," I'll take care of you and your mommy because I love you two so much and I'd do anything to keep you both safe."

He was so mesmerized in our baby that he didn't notice me yet. "Hopefully when you're older you turn out just like your mommy. She's beautiful and has a good heart. I think that you might also be a little dangerous like your mom as well. She can have any man at their feet and most importantly people know to respect her, and I'll make sure that people respect you too."

A tear slipped from my eyes as I looked at him. He never thought that he'd be the type to have a child and be a father mostly because he was afraid that he'd be a bad one. I think that he's doing just fine.

"Aww, is my baby girl sleepy," he whispered as he placed a kiss on her head. He placed her on the bed making sure that she was protected. He was afraid that she would roll off the bed so he made sure to secure around her so that nothing could happen.

He paused for a second after spotting me. We locked eyes on each other and God I'm so happy that I'm here. That I'm with him. I looked into his eyes and I could see forever. He walked up to me and placed a kiss on my lip.

We didn't want to wake our baby up so we left the room and went to his office. He sat on his chair and began scribbling something down. I walked up to him and looked over to see that he was writing down some items to get for our baby's safety.

He was so nervous and I am too but I think we'll be fine. It was the effort that he'd put into everything that made me admire him more. I took the pen that he was using to write with. He looked up to me and before I can say anything he murmured, " Maddy do you think that I should be home more often. I want to spend as much time with our baby girl as I can and I want to read to her and talk to her..I--."

"Its fine Vincenzo. We have our things to do and that's okay. Just because you work doesn't mean that you'll miss out. You will be a great father," I explained.

I understood why Vincenzo wanted to be close at all times. We aren't normal people. People like us usually never get a happily ever after. We would never know what could happen and one day we're here and then the other we're gone. He wanted to make sure that she knows her father.

Being a Mafia King after all is dangerous. There are people that step up to him but never win. Either way, all he's trying to do is keep us safe. He doesn't want to lost us.

"But I don't want her to get older and think that I was never around." Vincenzo was never really a person to over think but he wanted to be perfect. He wanted our daughter to be happy that she has parents who loves her
"I think you'll be just fine. Trust me."

He pecked a kiss on my lips. "I love you Maddy Carter." We heard a knock on the door and I pulled away. "Don't think you can get away so easily love. I will keep you to myself later."

Vincenzo opened the door and it was Ace. We followed him downstairs and joined everyone at the breakfast table. This felt nice, having everyone here.

Ace filled up a plate for me and Vincenzo while I saw the others already diving into the breakfast. Sofia broke the silence, " Did you come up with a name for the baby."

I'd be lying if I said I did so I shook my head. I have had a few thoughts on different names but somehow I cast those thoughts away. "I thought that Emory would be a nice name or maybe Althea," Ace murmured.

I didn't know that he was thinking of names. "What about Dagger or Bullet," Axel blurted out.

"Asshole we're talking about a name for the baby not a weapon," Sofia chimed in. Before I could tell them that I'd put the name in consideration, an argument started.

"Instead of talking about the names I like why don't you talk about ones that you like. Oh wait I'm sure that they're absolute bullshit," Axel yelled at Sofia.

"You want to know what's bullshit," Sofia yelled back and Axel sarcastically responded,"What. Do tell."

"You. You're a big definition of bullshit." Axel got up, anger written all over his face and Sofia wasn't backing down. She began throwing food at him.

"Stop them," I tell Vincenzo. He tried to calm down the situation," we'll figure it out but for now lets all eat breakfast. " There was silence for a second and I thought that it was over until Axel threw food at Vincenzo.

Fuck. Fuck, fuck. Anger grew on Vincenzo's face as he dumped his whole plate over Axel's head. Ace laughed at Axel who then aimed at him," what the fuck you're laughing at.. Your names are bullshit too." Ace threw a knife at Axel and Sofia pulled out her gun.

"Stop," I yelled out. All the attention finally turned on me. " I know that we are family which is why we'll all have a chance at contributing a name. Just write a name down and give it to me on a piece of paper. Later I'll put them in a hat and in a few days we'll come together and Vincenzo and I will pull out one. Whichever name I get is what my daughter will be named. "

They all sat down quietly. " Good and next time this happens at breakfast I'll pull out my gun and shoot all of you."

Axel laughed out," You're crazy."

"I know, get use to it."

-----------------------------------------

They placed all the names in the hat two days ago and tonight at dinner, Vincenzo and I will pull out one together. God I hope the guys came up with good names.

Axel Ford and Sofia took the baby while Ace, Axel and Vincenzo had to deal with some fuckers. I walked outside and hugged him before he left. He smiled and pecked a kiss on my lip, then drove off. Three of them went out on their own to set an example to anyone who wants to mess with them.

I heard that there had about fifty men waiting for them. Of course it scared me a bit but they'll be fine. Vincenzo never loses. I think they were about twenty minutes away.

It was nice that they wanted me to have a day to myself. Vincenzo did double the guards before he left especially since there won't be anyone here with me. He trust Ace but he is going with him so he made sure that there was tight security before he left. I didn't need it though.