Chapter 31: WASN'T THAT FUCKED UP

-------------------

Today is my 26th birthday. I woke up to Ace and Axel giving me breakfast in bed and gifts. Normally I don't care about my birthday but this one mattered to me since its the first birthday that I get to spend with my friends and Vincenzo. Don't get me wrong, I am excited to see Ace and Axel but I was hpoing to wake up to Vincenzo. "Happy Birthday Maddy," Ace smiled.

"it's a good thing you're not dead yet," Axel murmured but maybe thats his way of saying happy birthday. They handed me a box each. "Open mines first," Axel murmured making Ace argue, "no open mines."

"I will open both at the same time," I say while laughing out. They always argue with each other like two small kids. I opened the boxes to see a chain. It didn't have a heart or butterfly instead it had a snake. "You bought the same thing as me," Axel growled.

"NO you copied me," Ace fired back. I placed both chains around my neck as I thanked them making them stop their argument before shortly starting back. "I love them so no arguements," I murmured. "but--," I cut Ace off, "but nothing Ace."

"hah..thats what you get Ace," Axel smirked until I continued," And you Axel Grayson Martinez will not start a fight either." I was escorted downstairs with Ace and Axel at my side. " Happy Birthday," I hear as my friends were all here. They all came. I looked around the room thinking that Vincenzo was here but he wasn't. Sofia and Adora ran towards me as they hugged me. Damon and Zade were also here.

Axel Ford came storming in the room as he yelled," get out of my fucking way. I am giving her my gift first." He walked up to me with a half smile as he gave me a box. I opened it and my eyes lit up after seeing the ring he bought me. It was a black ring and he knew that black was one of my favorite color. "I also have another one. I bet no one else here have bought two gifts, you are all pathetic fuckers," he boasted.

This time the box was much bigger and I eagerly opened it to see a dagger. A custom- made dagger with psycho killer written on it. I know Axel isn't exactly hug friendly but I pulled him in for a hug. " thanks, don't worry.. I won't say it in front of everyone but I love it," I whispered. I was showered with gifts from everyone and Damon and Zade came walking out with a cake. It was still early in the morning and I hadn't eat the breakfast that Ace and Axel gave me, its still in the room and yet they brought out cake.

It kind of felt like they were rushing everything. Like if they wanted me to spend time with them now as if I will be busy later. Vincenzo isn't even here so I doubt that I will be doing anything later.

---------------------------------

I looked out of the window thinking that maybe he forgot that today is my birthday. I watched as the rain drops roll down my window. I saw a couple dancing in the rain together and staring at each other as if they were the only people to exist, so mesmerized by the other that they didn't need anything else.

I wasn't planning anything for today but somehow I thought that Vincenzo would. Did he care enough to remember my birthday? I don't want to be selfish because I know that he does alot and its not simple being a mafia king. My phone began to buzz while I was reading a book. I answered without paying attention to who called. I could just hear the sound of the person breathing. "Hello," I murmured but no response. "Maybe you called a wrong number."
I hung up the phone to continue reading when the phone buzzed again.

I answered it to hear that same sound and it sent chills down my body as I started to think that the person knew who they were calling but I was the only one who didn't know who called. "What the fuck..I already said that its the wrong number," I growled. I hung up the phone again. That was the strangest thing to happen for the day. I felt as if the person called for a reason but how would I know, the asshole didn't even talk.

"kiss her already," I shout out as I was reading the book. He clearly liked her and she clearly liked him. Uhh, the anticipation that I'm feeling right now.
My phone began to buzz again and I answered it angry,"Fuck off or I will kill you." Now it sounded much nicer in my head when I said it but the person deserved that for disrupting me while I'm reading.

"No need to be rude love." I recognized his voice instantly. "Happy birthday amore." It was Vincenzo. "You remembered," I say with a ray of hope. I hear him chuckle as he says," open the door or I'm gonna get soaked out here." I rushed to the window and he was outside standing but why does he want me
to open the door, its his mansion and he has a key for it and if he forgot it then his men would've opened it.

I smiled before running downstairs and opening the front door. I watched him as his hair fell perfectly down his face while he was soaked. I looked up and admired his eyes then I could see a smile that he wasn't afraid of showing. I always liked the way he smiled, I just knew that it would always be us. He walks in and stands at the entrance.

I looked down at his hand to see a piece of paper all soaked up. "What are you doing so late at night," I sassed but he fired back,"What are you doing."
He fumbled the paper, trying to hide it. Vincenzo immediately walked out probably going to our room. "He didn't get me any gift," I gasped as I tried to hold back my tears. At least he remembered my birthday because it would've been much worse if he didn't know.

I walked up the stairs to search for him and I stepped outside through the door that leads to the terrace and my eyes lit up by the sight. There were lights hung up around the terrace with rose petals sprinkled on the floor with a few candles. I find him pacing around with the same paper that was soaked as he mumbled," I love you Madddy, will you marry me."

Then I see him shaking his head," no, no, no... Maddy you are the best thing that happened to me and I--" He stopped himself as he wanted to be perfect. I guess the day wasn't as fucked up as I thought. "What is this," I asked. He threw the paper in the bin as his nervousness showed so clearly. "Yes," I smiled.

VINCENZO POV:

She already said yes without me having to get down on one knee but I knew I wanted to do it the right way. I pulled out the velvet box and opened it showing it to her. Her eyes lit up and I stared into them realizing that I really loved her. The way she was playing with her hand nervously as she blushed. " I should've never gave you a contract because I always knew that this day would come, when I realized that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you Maddy Carter."

Her eyes were all teary as I kissed her forehead while hugging her. Anyone would be lucky to have her. With that I knelt down on one knee. "Will you marry me."

"Yes of course," she said happily. I slid the ring on her finger and I stood up and put both my hands on her cheek and kissed her. "By the way... I bought this ring for you a while ago," I broke the silence. "when," she shrieked.

"When you left italy to go back new york. I had it and I wanted to propose but when I came home you were gone." I wanted to propose to her that day but after I brought her back to Italy with me I made plans that I would propose on her birthday instead. "Sorry about not really being here....I just have been preparing for this moment." I kept smiling throughout the kiss making her smile too.