Chapter 30: DISTRACT

-----------------

“That's not fair,” I yelled to Ace who gave out a laugh.

“You cheater,” I argued. Ace took the chess board away from the table. “I think that's enough games for the day,” he grinned.

I wasn't going to take that likely and Ace knew it. He backed away knowing that I was going to do some shit until the door barged open. “Axel,” I shout in surprise. I ran up to Axel and Sofia.

It has been a while since I saw them. I know that they have their own things to do especially since October 13th is coming up. Axel brought two other guys with him and I immediately recognized them. It was Zade Emiliano and Damon Torres who is Sofia's older brother.

Axel Ford, Ace, Axel, Zade and Damon are the 5 Devils and Axel Ford is the leader of The Night Of The Serpent. I always wondered what kind of shit he did on that day and thankfully I will find out soon enough since Sofia invited me to join them on the next Serpent Night and I have been curious ever since.

I heard the sound of a car pulling up but I was confused. Who else was here. A girl entered. She had red hair. She came up to me, “I'm Adora Blaine.” I greeted her back still confused as to who she was until I saw her peck a kiss on Damon's lips. That is his girlfriend.

Ace greeted Axel and asked,“ What's the occasion. ”

“You should be thankfull that they all barged in here else I would've killed you,” I yelled at him.

“What did you do to get her mad,” Axel said while walking in.

“I won in a game of chess,” he replied. I would've win if he didn't cheat.

I haven't seen Vincenzo since morning which is weird since today was suppose to be my day to take care of the Mafia. He was suppose to be resting but when I got up he was gone. “Up for a game Maddy,” Axel Ford questioned.

“Why not,” I sassed. I don't know what we were going to do but I was all in besides Vincenzo isn't here and I'm bored. We all got into our own cars and followed Axel's car.

A smirk appeared on my face when we stopped at his private road. We were going to race. I knew it. “Did anyone see Vincenzo today,” I asked. “Yeah he went- ” Before Axel could finish Adora cut him off,“Fuck off.”

“He is busy with work which is why we're here,” Adora murmured.

“So you feel sorry that he left me alone,” I questioned.

“Nah. I think that I haven't seen my best friend in days which is why I'm here,” Sofia added while hugging me.
“I hate you too,” I whispered to her. I knew that they were here to distract me but that still didn't stop me from thinking about him.

“Who's racing first,” Axel ford challenged but I never back down from one.“ I am.”

“feeling brave today carter,” Axel teased.

“Nah. I think you're just scared that she's gonna beat your ass,” Adora defended me. I like her. Adora, Sofia and I have the same attitude.

Axel Ford is actually the racing king. He is really good and he never lost a race.  Damon, Zade, Axel and Ace watched as I didn't back down.

I got into my car as we trashed talked each other. “Don't cry when you lose,” I teased. As soon as Sofia said Go, I didn't hold back. We continued locking eyes on each other while both of us tried passing over the other.

“Fuck,” Axel growled since I passed him over. I won. Sofia and Adora cheered for me after I won. Axel on the other hand came out of his car in fury,“ I let you win.”

“No you lost your touch.” That felt good. I haven't raced in... I don't even remember when.

Adora insisted that we should all go out. I was hesitant until I eventually gave in. We got food together first and then we went to a party.

I wasn't enjoying it since my thoughts were far. It eventually got dark so I left everyone at the party and drove back to the mansion.

I walked up to our room and he wasn't there so I checked his office. There he was, on his chair signing some papers. I walked up to him. “I'm sorry,” he mumbled.

“Its okay,” I reassured him.

I took the pen from him and I looked him in his eyes. “Let's go to bed.”

I'm not angry that we don't spend time together as we usually would. We have responsibilities so that is far more important.