Born to Hand Jive

Shadowhunters do Grease Part 2
At the end of the week there was a meeting about Grease auditions that
Luke was hosting in the auditorium that was being used for the first time in over 15 years so the space still needed a lot of dusting and cleaning, but what would be more perfect then hosting a meeting about auditions than in the space where Grease will be performing? regardless this was exciting for Luke and for the students who had signed up Except for Jace, Alec or Izzy who were sat behind Clary, Simon and Magnus as students were filling up seats. Clary had burst out into laughter with Simon and had her head rested against his shoulder. "Looks like Clary already has someone special," Izzy commented as she was sat next to Jace applying lipstick onto her lips as she looked into her pocket mirror that she had always carried around with her in her purse, Jace bit his lip as he looked at Clary and Simon, if anything they do look like a couple, and that thought made Jace's heart race with nerves, he shook his head to snap the thought out of his head, "No. Clary and Simon are only friends, right Alec?" Jace turned to look at Alec who hasn't said anything and was watching Magnus apply eyeliner without even looking at a mirror which somehow amazed Alec, "He's not even looking in a mirror," he mumbled, Jace clicked his fingers in front of Alec's face which caused Alec to break out from being under Magnus's spell "W-what?" Alec asked shaking his head and rubbing his hands over his eyes, "You okay buddy?" Jace asked, Alec shook his head, clearing his throat and then sat up in his seat "Oh um yeah...I'm good all cool." Jace nodded a little and thought nothing more of it as Luke walked into the auditorium and onto the stage.

Jace slouched into his seat as Luke began his speech, there was nothing that Jace hated more than long boring speeches, especially speeches being made by teachers. Luke was smiling widely and cleared his throat, "Welcome Students and thank you all for signing up for Idris High's first musical in over 15 years...GREASE!" this made almost every student in the room start to clap and cheer from their seats including Clary, Simon and Magnus. This made Luke chuckle a little, "Okay so this year show auditions are going to be a little different as the show is all about chemistry I am going to pair you all up and you will perform a duet of any song of your choosing in front of the group in 2 weeks." Izzy had buried her face into her hands, this can't get any worse can it? This however was like music to Jace's ears, if Jace was paired up with Clary all of his answers would be solved, Clary would have to spend time with him and in that time Clary would see what every other girl sees in him and want to keep seeing him again and again, this is perfect, all Jace needed was to be paired up with Clary and all of his problems would be solved.

Luke started to read out the names, "Jace Herondale you are paired up with..."
"Say Clary, Say Clary," Jace mumbled under his breath who was practically praying, 'Say Clary,' was all that his mind was saying, his heart beating with anticipation, he didn't know if it was just him but it seemed that Luke was taking forever just to say his partners name until finally, "Alec Lightwood."

Izzy let's out a snort as she was trying her hardest not to burst into laughter by the look of Jace's face, she always found it hilarious when nothing goes Jace's way, Alec also found it amusing and let's out a slight chuckle. Jace glared at his sister and punched her in the arm but this did not stop Izzy from laughing if not it made the matter even worse.

Luke continued to read the list, "Clary Morgenstern you are paired up with Magnus Bane leaving Simon Lewis to be paired up with Isabelle Lightwood."

****

Once the meeting was over Isabelle was at her locker getting her bags and belongings before going to meet her brothers at the car park for Jace to drive them back home when Simon walked up to her which had taken her back by surprise. "Hey Izzy-"
"Oh um...hey." Simon adjusted the glasses that were sat upon his face and gave her the warmest and most happiest of smiles, "So um...you're my duet partner." Izzy nodded now also smiling, "I am."
"I'm Simon, Simon Lewis." Simon held his hand out but then pulls it back thinking that he was being far too forward, Izzy lets out a chuckle "I know who you are Simon Lewis." Simon's face had turned into a beetroot red colour and his voice begins to break as his worlds turned into nothing but a big scramble, "Well of course you do, you are the Isabelle Lightwood, of course you would know everyone I just thought that you wouldn't know who I am even though we are in History together and Biology too, Math are we in Math together? and I should stop talking." Isabelle didn't know she had never spoken to Simon before now, he is adorable, dorky and hilarious, "It's fine Simon," Izzy said with a soft smile, "I wanted to um talk to you about our duet actually."
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah," she nodded "So um I was thinking because you are experienced with singing and music being in a band and everything and I have a background with dancing lessons and won every Just Dance Game on the Wii I thought that you can do all of the singing and I can do all of the dancing." Simon's smile immediately disappeared and transformed into a frown, "What?" he asked, Izzy wasn't even looking at him now, she couldn't bare to look at the disappointment that was on his face. "That isn't how a duet works Iz,"
"It's for the best-" Izzy goes to leave not wanting to make this conversation awkward, Simon grabbed onto her arm sending electric shocks prickling all over her skin, "Izzy wait!" Izzy took a moment of breath and turns to face him, looking into Simon's calm eyes of gentle melting hot chocolate that slowed Isabelle's heart rate all the way down, "You really do have a struggle with singing?" he asked looking at Izzy with all seriousness, Izzy didn't say anything she only looked at him feeling nothing but embarrassment and humiliation, she Isabelle Lightwood is one of the most popular girls at Idris High and is being seen as a joke for signing up for a musical that she didn't even want to do and can't sing. "Wow."