Like Father like Daughter

Based of the Tv Show and before Clary knew about the Shadow world
This story will have flash backs so ** means that its a flashback and at the end of the flashback **will show again

Adding the finishing touch to her graduation look,Clary looked at herself in her bedroom mirror with a smile of pure happiness,However other feelings were mixed in inside her mind aswell. Excitment,Fear,Sadness was also hidden in the pile of emotions as a brand new life is awaiting for her.

Clary had everything planned starting from tomorrow she is going to an interview for a place at Brookyln Accedmy of the Art which is known for the best Art school in the whole of New York,and if she doesn't get a place she has several back up options for College so all is good and well planned. Nothing could ruin her dreams or plans,not at all.

"Knock knock," Clary turned to see Luke standing outside her bedroom door holding a wrapped package with pink polka dot wrapping paper and a dark pink ribbon. Clary's smile only grew wdier at the sight of her Step Father and went over to hug him ever so tightly "Luke! I thought you were at the station,"she said before pulling away to look at him raising an eyebrow with confusion.
"I wouldn't miss your graduation for anything in the world,"Luke told her,he looked at her and nodded with approval seeing Clary in her Dark Blue graduation gown with a matching graduation cap,"Looking good kid,"he said.

Clary chuckled and a slight blush formed onto her cheeks as Luke placed the wrapped package into her hand "I got you a little something,"he said.
"A little?"Clary questioned as the package was no where near small at all and she started to carefully open it. Clary's eyes landed on a beautiful bage velvet book with white hand sewn patterns swirling into the fabric of the cover, "Luke,"she said with awe "Its beautiful,"she then turned the book open and burst into laughter as she saw a photograph of herself as 4 years old at the beach and splashing in the sea. "You remember huh?"Luke asked with a smile formed onto his lips. "Remember?"Clary asked "I remember every detail of this day."
***
A 4 year old Clary was running across the beach wearing a red and white striped summer dress and a straw sun hat holding her green plastic bucket and spade and dumping them onto the sand before racing into the freezing cold yet refreshing and ever so beautiful sea,Luke and Joceylen had taken Clary to the Beach for the first time in her life and as Clary set eyes on it she immediately fell in love with the place. Laughing and squealing she kicked her feet and harshly smacked her hands against the water causing it to make a gigantic splash. "Woah kiddo don't splash me!"Luke yelled teasingly who was wearing black swimming trunks and had gotten into the sea with Clary from behind,he couldn't help but laugh at her as she seemed to be having the time of her life splashing even more and squealing at a much higher pitch. Chuckling Luke splashed at Clary gently causing her hair to get wet "LUKE!"She yelled clearly not impressed with a deep frown "My hair's all wet!"
"You made my hair wet!"he pointed out picking the girl up and tickling her by the waist causing her to squirm and laugh even more,ofcourse this only made the splashes to get even more violent. Both Clary and Luke were laughing as they calmed down a little "I love you Luke,"Clary said before hugging him tightly burrying her face into the crook of his neck. Luke froze a little and he could feel tears form into his eyes that was the first time Clary had said I love you to him, a sentence he didn't know he needed to hear until now, "I love you too,"he tells her. Looking over to the surface Luke sees Joceylen smiling ever so happily at the two in the sea it was as if she knew what had happened and indeed she did. "Lets get some ice cream yeah?"he asked the precious girl in his arms,Clary looked up at him nodding viscously "Yes Yes Yes Ice Cream!"she squealed with pure delite.

****
"You said you loved me,"Luke said as they remembered the scene in the photograph ever so clearly. Clary looked at Luke "and I still do forever and always,"she said before turning the page to see a picture of herself and Luke outside a school building,Clary was wearing her favourite pink dress with ruby glittered shoes which reminded her of the movie The Wizard Of Oz and the ruby red slippers Dorethy wore on her adventure in Oz.
"My first day of first grade,"Clary said tracing her fingers on the photograph.
****
"Luke I don't want to go in,"Clary said as herself and Luke stood outside the school gate,Luke could see Clary was terrified to step foot inside the building and knealed down to her height. "I know its scary,"he tells her gently "especially with Simon sick and not here to be with you." Tears formed into Clarys eyes "I wish he was here,"she replied. Luke noded "I know Kid I know,"he said "But that means you are really special because when Simon comes for his first day tomorrow you will be able to show him around and youll know everything."
Clary still didn't look convinced "The other kids wont like me,"she said changing the subject.
"That's their loss then,"Luke tells her "All you need to focus on is you,"he said pointing his finger to her chest where her heart was "Be yourself kiddo,show your true colours."
Clary only changed the subject again "What if I get lost,"she said.
"Ah,"Luke said "That's when you need to be smart and clever,"he said "Remember when we looked around here with your Mom im the summer?"he asked. Clary nodded. "Well we know for a fact that inside it has different coloured floors that lead to different places in the school if you get lost just think to yourself follow the yellow itll lead you to the student office where they will help you okay? just like in the wizard of oz follow the yellow brick road." Clary nodded again "Got it,"she said,she hugged Luke ever so tightly before running off inside the building amongst the other kids. "Ill pick you up later!"Luke called out. Clary turned and waved at him "BYE!"She yelled as loud as she could.
****
"If only I could click my heels together and get transported home,"Clary said with amusmant.
"You never took those shoes off,"Luke said looking up at Clary from sitting on her bed,seeing her turn to the next page of the book. This time Clary looked really embarrassed "Oh my god!'she groaned as she sees a photograph of a 10 year old self with Simon sat on a log in the woods infront of a couple of tents,the only problem in the photo was,is Clarys hair and it was in a buzz cut.
"We went camping with Simon,"Clary said "and I got marshmallow stuck in my hair so you had to cut it god it was horrendous!"
***
Clary couldn't stop sobbing her heart out "I look like a boy!"she sobbed she was sat on a log with Simon hugging her tightly also crying "I'm so sorry!"he panicked crying "I didn't mean to get Marshmallow stuck into your hair I should of looked at what I was doing but I didn't!"
Poor Clary was chocked up "It's not your fault,"she breathed. Luke sat down next to the two and Simon pulled away so Luke could give Clary a hug. She needed as many hugs as possible right now. Luke wrapped his strong arms around the fragile girl "Ssh its okay,"he hushed "Its okay." Clary looked up at him with tear stained cheeks,"I look ugly,"she whispered.
"Clarissa Adele Fray don't say that ever again,"Luke warned her "You are beautiful."
"H-how?"Clary asked stuttering due to her tears not able to speak. "Beauty isn't always what's on the outside,"Luke explained "Its on the inside that counts and has the most beauty."
"No Boy will go for a girl with a boys hair cut!"Clary pointed out "everyone will laugh at me when we get back to school."
"If they do I'll kick their asses!"Simon chimed in. Clary looked at her bestfriend and started to chuckle a little. "Let them laugh,"Luke said "They don't know the real you and that's all that matters."
"Really?"Clary asked.
"Really,"Luke said planting a kiss on the top of her head,"You are beautiful Clary Fray."
****
Clary and luke 2
"It only gets worse because a spider got into mine and Simons tent,"Clary laughed.
"That kid has some pipes,"Luke said,
"And you had to go and get it for him in your boxers because you thought it was an emergency."Clary added. Luke nodded laughing slightly as he remembered. Clary smiled as she looked at the next photo, it was of herself in a purple ball gown, and her hair was in a braid crown and flowing down her back,Clary was standing next to Simon who was in a handsome tuxedo. "Senior prom,"Clary said looking at the memory infront of her.
****
Clary could hear her Lukes voice from down the stairs telling her that Simon had arrived to take her to Prom. Checking she had got everything Clary straightened out the skirt of her dress and walked down the stairs holding onto the railing. At the bottom was Simon looking up at her and smiling widely and next to him was Luke and Joceyln. "Woah you look stunning Fray,"Simon said,Clary giggled giving her date a hug "Why thank you Simon,"she said. Joceyln had gotten out her camera and started to take photos of the two. "You know the drill,"Luke said.
"No later then 12 O Clock sir,"Simon said.
Luke nodded with approval and patted Simon's shoulder "Good kid,"he said.
"Well we're going to go,"Clary said linking arms with Simon. "Have fun,"Joceyln said watching both Clary and Simon walk out of the door,"But not too much fun,"Luke added.
****
"You looked so beautiful that night,"Luke said, he looked as if he was going to cry. "Awe Luke,"Clary said sitting on the bed next to him and giving him a hug. "You're growing up now Kid and im so proud of you,"Luke tells her,Clary felt overwhelmed and gave her Step Dad an extra tight squeeze "And things will be changing."
"Luke just because im going to graduate doesn't mean things will change you'll always be like a Dad to me,"Clary tells him "I promise."
Luke shook his head "That's not what I mean,"he said. That was when Clary started to get confused "What do you mean?"she asked.
Luke looked like he was about to say something but didn't "You know what never mind,"he said standing up "I'm just being overdramatic,don't you have a graduation to get too?"

Little did Clary know that what Luke meant was it was going to change her life forever.