Carlos and Celine, Celine and Carlos Part 2

Part 2, Part 3 starting to be written and should be published soon. I am planning on doing 4/5 parts to this story, hope you enjoy 😊

"Hey you alright?" Celine blinked and was taken out of her daydream, she turned to look at Jace who was sitting next to her at one of the tables right next to the stage.

Celine did end up getting dressed up for The New Years Party and was wearing one of Clary's old dresses that she wore when she was Celine's age. It was navy blue with straps at the shoulders and long at the sleeves, at her feet were a pair of black 5 inch heels that had thin straps entwining eachother around her ankles, her hair was tied up into a high ponytail being held up by her signicture weapons of the twin kindal daggers and had strands of hair falling past both her ears, her makeup was simple of glittery green eyeshadow, black eyeliner with mascara and a dark shade of red at her lips. To complete her look was the signature Herondale Family ring that Jace had given Celine on her 16th birthday which also once belonged to her Grandmother with who'm she was named after, on a thin golden chain wearing it as a necklace and to which Celine refused to ever take off.

Despite Celine not being a girly girl like Rebecca, Celine did feel good about herself whenever she did get the chance to dress up for the night and wear makeup, and now that she has a boyfriend Celine always wanted to make an effort and look pretty for Carlos regardless.

"Yeah...I'm fine," she replied trying to look straightforward as she spoke.
Jace furrowed his eyebrows together clearly not looking convinced, "Its just that you haven't been home much lately and I'm worried-"
Celine groaned and rolled her eyes a little, not helping but showing her frustration "Dad I'm 18 and a Shadowhunter doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing-"

"I know but-"

"But What? You've been telling me that this is what I am supposed to be doing, training me for it, and now what, You don't want me doing it at all?"

"What? No-"

Celine knew that this wasn't the real reason as to why she was angry, she wasn't even angry, she was frustrated more than anything and didn't know how to handle it. This is the only way that Celine knows how without giving herself and Carlos away no matter how much she wanted to scream it all out.

"Just leave me alone okay? I'm 18 not 8 who needs her Daddy holding her hand everywhere and to kiss her boo boos better," Celine snapped rather coldly.

Celine instantly regretted everything that she had said as soon as the words had escaped her mouth, but there was no taking them back and having her Dad being angry with her was better than her Dad finding out about her and Carlos, anything was at this rate, they just needed to get through tonight and all will be okay.

Jace takes in a sharp breath, his entire face had been transformed into a look of hurt which was the least that Celine had expected.

"Celine-"
Celine couldn't even look at him, she had to bite down the insides of her cheeks to stop herself from saying anything else and feeling even more guilty than how she already feels.

"Everything okay?" Clary asked who was sitting nex to Jace and looking at the two of them with concern,
Celine didn't know how to respond she wanted nothing more than to tell her parents everything, to be able to talk about Carlos out and proud the way that she feels towards being his Girlfriend but all that she could do was find herself shrugging shoulders.

Clary frowned at Celine's response, Jace however just downed the rest of his beer and then kissed his wife on the cheek putting on what was obviously a fake smile "Never been better," he said but Clary knew that was nothing but a lie.

****

Taki's diner had never been so packed and busy.
Practically everyone of the New York Shadow World had come to celebrate New Year's Eve.