You Learn: A Parabati Story

Hey guys! Wow its been a while 😅 almost a whole year since I've updated this book and I am so sorry a lot has happened and I haven't had any time to update it and I also had a lot of writers block too, I won't be writing as much as I used to as I'm starting to move on with my life as a whole with University plans in September but I won't ever abandon this comfort project of mine that I will keep adding to when I find myself wanting to write so please continue to give me any One Shot and Short Story ideas to add and I'll do my best to write them. This story is another one centering around my OCs and it is a Parabati story starring Rebecca and Celine please read my other Oc stories in this book so that this would make sense to you all these include: The Demon investigation, Carlos and Celine and Out Of The Shadows, I do hope that you all enjoy and I'll see you all very soon Toodles:)❤ lots of love Lucy xx

Under a glamour Rebecca Lewis Lovelace and Celine Herondale were on patrol, walking along the riverside where there were cases of Demon activity nearby in a rare quiet night in the streets of Brooklyn.

"Hey..."Celine said quietly "Do you want to talk to me about anything?" Rebecca shrugged a little "No," she said but sounded hesitant and unsure "Not at all -"
Celine however knew her best friend inside out, "Rebecca come on, its me you're talking to...this isn't like you."
"What isn't like me?" Rebecca asked, she stopped at her tracks "The fact that I want to go patrolling with my best friend?"
Celine had also stopped and looked at her, "Becks we're going on patrol behind our parents back-"
"You always do things behind your parents back," Rebecca pointed out.
"Exactly," said Celine "Me, I would do this not you! Something's going on and I'm worried about you."
"Well you don't need to," said Rebecca with a slight laughter in her voice "I am perfectly fine, you don't need to worry about a thing!"

The Girls were met with a few seconds of silence and just looked at each other without saying anything, "Its about your parents isn't it?" Celine eventually asked quietly. Rebecca couldn't even bare to look at Celine she turned her head away and just looked out into the river with her arms wrapped across her chest, "N-no," her voice wobbled slightly and that was when Celine knew.

"Oh Rebecca-" Celine started she couldn't bare to see Rebecca like this, she hadn't been herself since Isabelle and Simon found out that they were expecting Triplets, apart from training Rebecca had just spent her time in her room. Celine couldn't imagine her life without her younger brother Jonathan but Celine was 5 when Jonathan was born, Rebecca is 15, her Shadowhunter training has now become more advanced and she is going to have three siblings let alone one on top of it all, there's a lot on her plate.

Celine watched as Rebecca wiped away silent tears that were rolling down her cheeks, without hesitation Celine walked over and wrapped her arms protectively around Rebecca giving her a tight squeeze, "Come here Its okay, Its okay Becks," she whispered "I promise."
"I don't know why but I feel so pissed off," Rebecca cried burying her face into the crook of Celine's neck, "I feel so-"
"Alone," Celine whispered.

There was a pause before Rebbeca replied with what Celine thought was with realisation "Yeah...I do, I'm happy for my parents I really am, they thought they couldn't have anymore kids after me and they've been trying for such a long time but all I'm hearing is the Baby this and The Baby that: they Argue over Baby names, every shopping trip we go on it always ends up with them getting something for the baby, Mom keeps asking me if she looks okay in every outfit that she fricking wears because she's worried that she is getting too fat like by the Angel She's Not Fat She's Pregnant! Its completely normal! Every time it comes to me they're too tired or if theyve arranged to do something with me they've forgotten, because they are so excited and they should be! But... they dont even ask me how trainings doing, or if I'm okay-"

Celine could feel her heart start to break with sadness that she had for Rebecca"Becky..."
Rebecca wiped away another tear "And now that they've found out its triplets it has gotten even worse...I might as well not be here."
Celine pulled away and looked directly at her best friend taking both of Rebecca's hands giving them both a comforting squeeze "I see you, you're right here." Rebecca gave Celine a sad smile and took a deep breath "At least I have you."