Jace with an S

Jace Herondale never used to be one to worry, he never had to worry but that was before Jace had to become an adult and since leaving his teenage years behind and adapting into the lifestyle of being in his mid twenties Jace had to face up to alot of responsibility that didn't just involve Weapons, going on missions, kill Demons all night which always results to alot of icor, blood, guts and death. Jace was now head of the New York institute which he runs alongside with his wife Clary (Fairchild) Herondale which they had been married happily for 5 years and have been even more in love with each another every day that passes and the most challenging responsibility of all that adds to the icing of the cake was that Jace Herondale is now a Dad to his five year old daughter Celine who is Jace's pride and joy who he wouldn't trade for anything in the world (even if he could never hold a blade again or any kind of weapon to be excact) and their unborn son who is on the way.

Clary is currently 9 months pregnant and Jace couldn't help but notice how this pregnancy had taken effect upon his wife, of course the couple were excited to add a new addition to their little family that they had took so long to build together, both Jace and Clary knew after having Celine that they wanted her to grow up with a sibling like how Jace was fortunate to grow up with Alec and Izzy and considering the fact that Clary mourned for the older brother that she never had and when they found out that Clary was pregnant with a little boy both of them could hardly contain the tears that irruptedly ran down their cheeks seeing their little one on the ultrasound screen at their hospital appointments, like with Celine Clary wanted to expirence moments in her pregnancy how mundanes would do it to try and feel 'Normal ' and not having to worry about Nephlim duty and business, Celine was currently starting her training with her cousin Rafael Santiago Lightwood Bane who is Jace's parabati's Alec and his Husband Magnus Bane The High Warlock of Brooklyn's adopted son of 9 years old and would soon be joined by Simon and Isabelle's little girl Rebecca the following year and is 2 years younger than Celine and had just turned 4, the two are inseparable.

Yes Clary expirenced pregnancy before with their daughter but this was something else, When being only 2 months pregnant Clary was starting to show and the couple kept up with the updates of the size of their baby (Measuring by Fruit) seeing Clary's belly grow and feeling the baby kick but there was so much that Clary could take and Jace's heart broke seeing how this pregnancy was crushing her down both physically and mentally as the months went by, Jace had never seen his wife so unwell. The sickness was one thing but the crying from not being able to sleep, the aches and pains in her body, Clary looking at herself in the mirror every morning and telling herself that she was fat and ugly about herself which Jace always tells Clary that she is still and always will be the most gorgeous woman he had ever laid eyes on, is still the beautiful girl that Jace first saw at the pandemonium club all those years ago that she grew more beautiful everyday of Jace loving her but every time Jace would say something it made Clary cry even more and it was torture for Jace to watch this happening to the love of his life, the woman who owns every beat of his heart and not being able to take away her pain.

Jace eventually spoke to Magnus worried for his wife and with sadness Magnus tells Jace that Clary has a form of depression, an illness that is unfortunately common with pregnancies, since then Jace made sure that he was there for Clary, that he would listen to her worries, fears and heartbreak that Jace wanted to take away more than anything, he listened as Clary spoke of her nightmares and paranoia that Jace had no idea his wife was suffering from. He listened as Clary told Jace that every time that she closed her eyes she would see her Mother Jocelyn being experimented by her Father Valentine while being pregnant herself with Clary's older brother Jonathan who'm Jocelyn knew something was wrong with her baby as soon as she laid eyes on what was supposed to be her bundle of joy, Clary kept seeing her Fathers face, Jonathan's eyes of nothingness and a black hole hearing nothing but babies cries and screams of children, Jace had even expirenced Clary having a pattern of nightmares every other night bolting up in bed, choking from tears and screams that she never could get out, drenched in sweat all over her body even though she was freezing, not only did Jace used to never worry but he was hardly ever scared either he embraced danger into a warm embrace he lived for danger but Jace was scared and he was scared shitless.