• C H A P T E R 1 •

I grab the rag and begin wiping down the windows

Light water drops were swiped away as I wiped over them.

"Perla, go home. Your shift was over an hour ago. " Maisy's voice sounded as I turned around to look at her.

"Mei, I need the overtime," I replied, as I followed her to the next window. "Perla, it's 2 am, come on," she said, as I sighed and put the rag down.

"You will still get paid. Just go home and check on your brothers," she said, as I shook my head and picked the bucket up.

"Fine, but just so you know, I'm going to finish my overtime tomorrow," I warned as she patted my back and shook her head with dismay. "Go home, I'll see you tomorrow," she dismissed as I nodded my head and made my way towards the elevator.

I began unbuttoning my white button-up shirt while waiting for the elevator.

I'm kind of tired, but this is nothing new. I need the money.

I rest a hand over my right shoulder as a sigh of relief escapes my mouth due to the pressure.

The elevator dings and I pick my bucket up and step into the elevator, pressing the ground button.

As the doors were closing, a hand stopped them from fully closing shut.

My eyes travel up the inked hand and my eyes meet with stormy light gray eyes. His eyes were like a rainy day's cloud, nearly foggy. This man's eye has a scar near his eyebrow. He looked scary but hot? He seems intimidating and, did I say, gorgeous? Yea, that he is.

It was when he entered the elevator that I noticed three more guys, all dressed in white and black suits just like the tattooed guy. He had an all black suit, which fit him perfectly, may I add. They were all wonderfully fit, except for a blonde guy who was slightly smaller than the others.

They all seem to take up nearly the whole elevator. The guy glanced at me as I stared at him, trying to get a better look at his face.

Probably weird. I should stop.

The guys muttered not one single word. They all stared at the elevator doors as if the boring metal color was very interesting and had all their attention.

It's hot here.

Suddenly, my phone rings. They glanced at me as I grabbed my phone from my back pocket. "Dime" [Tell] I answered as I put my phone near my ear while holding my bucket.

"Perla, you need to arrive quickly!" my brother's rushed voice sounds through the phone.

Angel exclaims, "Me llegan a buscar!"

"OK, calm down." I hurry, trying to slow him down.

"What the hell did you do now, idiot?" I raised my voice as the guys looked at me and then at the guy at the back.