• C H A P T E R 20 •

Quinn is laid on the hospital bed with a whole bunch of tubes and wires around her

She looks so weak it hurts.

Anson sits on the chair beside her bed and simply stares at her wanting her to wake up.

She's in a coma. Has been like this for two days now.

If only I'd thought about that earlier she would still be breathing on her own.

She wouldn't have to be laying on a bed limp without seeing the light of day.

It's not fair he's still alive and she's barely hanging on to her life. I need her to wake up, because I need my best friend.

I need her to get better and I need her to know we're here for her no matter what.

Walking to towards the stairs I climb down to the 5th floor. Looking for number 525 A.

As soon as I see the number on the door I instantly feel the hatred and anger. Jensen lays on the bed eating, watching TV with his father and mother beside him.

His mistress beside him as well, all a happy fucking family.

Stepping into the room it suddenly gets quiet. Alarmed they immediately turn their eyes to me.

"How lucky you are" I step closer looking at all his family in the eyes. "Laying here, eating, watching TV with your family" I stand at the end of his bed.

"You should have been the one laying in coma, not her" I tell him really seeing red. It's not fair!

How does he get to breath and eat and laugh when she's laying in her bed barely alive.

"You may have survived this time, but trust me, you'll get what's coming for you" I breath in a shaky breath and stare at his family.

"Karma is a bitch, so I'd suggest you begin preparing yourself for the worst" Jensen stares at me with slight fear in his eyes.

"You never know when something bad could happen and end fatally" I smile at the mother and then at the mistress.

"Have a speedy recovery Jensen" I turn around and walk out. He should enjoy this for now, his days are numbered.

I may not be the right one for the job, but rest assured I'll make sure he pays.

I haven't known her for too long

I haven't known her for too long. But it hurts so much seeing her Laying in this bed unable to talk, breath, or even open her eyes.

Everyday I feel my heart break because I'm barely hanging on to hope. I'm afraid of loosing her.

Yes, we aren't anything, but If it weren't for this she would have been mine.

I would have made sure she was safe and no one ever hurt her.

I sigh holding her cold hand in mine. I really need to hear her voice. See her beautiful brown eyes.

I need her here with me.

Damien walks behind me and pats my back.

"You need to go home and rest" I look back at him and shake my head "I'm not leaving until she wakes up" I could feel him sigh as the chair beside me moves.

"She'll wake up, she's a fighter" I look at him and then at Perla who's standing at the doors with her arms crossed, sadness adorned her face.

He has her. She's still with him, breathing.

She's not here with me.

I feel the lump in my throat build up but I try to get rid of it.

I can't.

Damien must have sensed something because he pulls me against his chest and that's when I lose it.

"Man I don't want to lose her" I sob still clutching her hand. How can I love her if I haven't known her for long?

I think it's because I know we could have been something and I might never get the chance to prove I can be a better man.

Is it because I want to protect her and let no one hurt her?

So many questions and so little time.

I've become addicted to her, I've become addicted to seeing her, smelling her and fuck her voice.

"She'll wake up bud" Damien pats my head. "Just stay strong" I hate feeling like this. Helpless, not being able to fix this or help her at all.

 Helpless, not being able to fix this or help her at all