• C H A P T E R 4 •

"Dam bro! Whose baby is that?" My sister's shooting voice came from behind me

"Didn't think you'd be left as a single dad...shit actually that's a lie...I expected it long before you even turned 15" she laughs sitting beside my dad who tries to hold in his laugh.

I rolled my eyes. Gabriel smiled and licked my face. I scrunch my face up and pull him away "you're even likable now" that was all for my dad to lose his shit.

He laughs alongside my sister.

Both their laughs annoy me to the core.

"You guys laugh for no reason at all!" I groan as I pull Gabriel closer to me and stand beside the door. Waiting for mom and perla to come out.

What's taking them too long?

She better not be saying unreasonable shit to scare her.

Your face scares her in general!

Bitch.

The door opened and out comes a puzzled perla.

I examined her trying to find anything that could expose if what they talked about was good or bad?

"Hi baby!" She smiles at Gabriel who is ready to jump into her arms quickly. Perla grabs him and kisses him.
"Honey, we need to go up...i have a few things i need to discuss with you" My mother looked at my father and walked towards the stairway.

I look back at Perla who is already watching me. We stare at each other for what feels like forever until she clears her throat and looks away.

"Brother... she's fucking beauitiful!" Aria gaps turning perla to look at her. All of her. I've got to agree when they say perla is indeed gorgeous. Her blonde hair is long and golden. Her perfect high cheekbones and amazing curvy body. This woman is a goddess.

Perla looks at her and smiles "thankyou" aria winks at her "your welcome, by the way i'm Aria...this moron's  sister" perla looks at me and smirks.

Shit! I can feel it. These two are gonna make my life hell!

"I like you already!" perla smiles "is this your kids?" Aria asks, pointing at Gabriel. She slightly tensed but it left as quick as it came. What about that question makes her react that way? Why?

"No, he's my little brother" perla tells anm awe struck aria. She, like my mom, loves babies...which fuckign terrifies me. She's too young for baby fever.

"Do you have some other brother?" Aria asks and pauses before continuing. "Cause shit girl! You've got a good looking family so far" perla chuckled "yea, i-" i interrupted them "go to your room Aria, don't talk about boys. You are not allowed to date until I say so. Especially her brother" Aria rolls her eyes and sticks her tongue out.

Before Aria could make her way towards the steps, Perla speaks up. And just when I thought things would get better, she just had to speak the most infuriating words ever.

"Yes, I do," she pauses and smirks back at me. "He's really cute, and so happens to be your age." Perla moves closer to Aria who is smiling like a wild cat who's ready to eat.

"Really" Aria moves closer and looks at me smiling "please tell me more.." she pauses "perla" she holds gabriel closer and pulls her phone out.

"He also so happens to carry good family genes" before she could pull out a picture of her brother, i snacth her phone put it in my pocket.

"Hey! That's mine!" perla glares at me stepping closer to me "you'll get it back when you are far away from my dumb sister" Aria interupts me "uh, my GPA begs to differ you jackass" i scoff as perla sits with gabriel on the bench.

"Go to your room. Now" I order Aria as she scoffs and stomps away, up the steps.

"Perla, i'll see your brother one way or another" she sings as her voice fades. Perla chuckles and leans back against the wall.

she stands up "give me my phone back" her hands is out asking for her phone.

Is it safe I give it back?

Maybe.

Should I?

Totally recommended...

"Nope, I'll get you a new one" I started walking towards my office. I can hear her light footsteps behind me.

"Damien, please give me my phone back" She grabs my arm making me stop right before my office door.

Her small hand feels warm against my arm. Lightly squeezing my arm I direct my eyes to where she has a grip on me.

I breathe in and then out.

The spark of her touch scares me. I turn around to face her. I examine her face, light freckles rest just above her nose and cheeks.

We're so close.

I look down at her due to our height difference. Her eyes are hopeful and desperate.

"Give me my phone back" she whispers while moving back and letting go of my arm.

She holds baby Gabriel closer who is now staring at me with curiosity.

"You have to understand that, I can't just give you your phone, you could put my family and yours in danger...you're in a different life now perla" she looks down and then up.

"I didn't want this in the first place, you blackmailed me into doing this" her soft look now turns into an angered one.

"So give. Me. My. Phone. Back" stepping closer and pointing her finger against my chest. I push her finger aside and move closer.

"I don't take orders from people, especially you" my voice steady "I need my phone back" she still insists.

"I will get you a new one, with limited contacts, now Laura will show you to your room" I slip the phone back into my pocket and open my office door.

I close it and lock it behind me.

This is going to be much harder than I thought.