• C H A P T E R 34 •

Closing my eyes I take in her scent

"Hard day huh?" Perla asks tangling her fingers through my hair.

"Not really, I just really missed you" she laughs, I shake along her as her amazing laugh fills my ears.

"Of course you did" she kisses my forehead, her soft lips make my stomach tingle.

She's my precious drug. She's what I need to make it through my miserable days. And of course Gabriel.

"You are the most strongest and precious person I have ever met, besides my best friend of course" she starts her soft voice making me relax.

"And I want you to know that no matter what happens and no matter if we have problems I will always be by your side and I will always be there when you need me Damien" looking up i stare into her blue eyes and lean up to capture her lips with mine.

"I understand, and I will try my best to make sure that I am always good enough for you and that you are treated like the queen you are, I will try my hardest to make it home to you anytime there's trouble" she smiles cupping my cheek.

"That's good, as long as you are with me I am happy and I am sure of us" I poke her nose "I will never be missing, you can't get rid of me that easily" she laughs punching me away.

"I sure hope so" pulling me closer Against her body she closes her eyes "cuddle me so we can nap" she pauses and opens her eyes for a moment.

"Being poisoned is no joke" i pull the blanket over us and move closer against her.

"You need to eat" she shakes her head "if you force me to eat I am going to throw it all back out in your truck" I look at her worried now evident in my face

She's been throwing up for the past week or so it's starting to make me worry.

"I-I think we should go to the doctors and get you checked out, babe you've been spilling your guts out for like a week now" she looks at me with sadness.

"N-no I don't need to I just" shaking my head I drove off to the hospital.

If she doesn't I'll make her check herself out. I can't lose her again.

"Anson" scooping her up into my arms I take into the waiting room and get her name signed in.

"I don't want to lose you again Quinn, so please just do it for me" looking down at her fidgeting hands she sighs.

"I'm pregnant" I freeze not knowing what else to do or say.

I-is it mine? Or is it Jansen's?

I don't know what to do. Sitting down beside her I look straight ahead.

"I-it's yours" snapping my head to see her I stare into her brown eyes. "I know you had a second thought of it being Jensens but it's not" she pauses and looks down.

"I was on birth control with Jensen but I wasn't able to get the ones for the past three months-I know it sounds like I did this on purpose but but I didn't I wasn't" I press my lips again her and shut her up.

She stops talking and kisses me back. Her soft lips moving perfectly in sync with mine.

"I don't care" I may have doubted it for a moment but doesn't every man?

The important thing right now is her health and the baby's health as well.

"As long as your safe and good as well as the baby I'm fine with this, ok I'm fine with it either being mine or Jensens" holding my hand in hers she kisses the palm of my hand.

"Once the baby is more developed we'll go for the paternal test" I shake my head. "Don't worry, Don't stress and most importantly don't feel bad for any of this" pausing I cup her face.

"I am here for you every step of the way" her tears glistened in her eyes as I bring her close against my body.

"Why don't we get back to the apartment and relax for a bit?" She nods her head standing up "but before can I need to show you something" I nod holding her hand within mine.

"Yes, let's go" we walk out of the hospital and get into the car.