• C H A P T E R 39 •

It has now been 49 hours and 10 minutes since the accident

Angel sits beside Aria's bed. She's still unconscious just now she's breathing by herself.

Angel struggles to stay strong as he sees the girl he loves laying on the bed with her eyes closed.

The family sit on chairs in the room. Waiting for her to wake up.

Moon lays on Anson while Quinn feeds her some pancakes.

Quinn and Anson have gotten quiet close to Moon. They enjoy her company as much as she enjoys theirs.

"Water" a frail voice breaks the silence in the room. Everyone stands as arias eyes open and the doctor is called into the room.

"alright everyone please step back for a moment" the doctor checks Aria as angel gives her some water to drink.

"M-my head hurts" she talks slow and delicately. Angel looks at Aria with caution.

"Mom? Dad?" Luis and Sofia step close to her and hug her "we're here don't worry" Damien steps beside angle and holds Aria's hand.

"Damien, I'm still mad at you for ruining my painting" Damien tenses and looks up at Luis and Sofia.

"W-what paining?" He asks "the one I drew for Grandpas birthday" Luis looks at the doctor "that was over three years ago" Damien looks down at aria worried.

"Why does she remember that?" The doctor checks the clipboard he has in hand. "There may be some confusion and memory loss, it's hard to say for sure but it is some of the side effects."

"D-do you remember me?" Aria looks at him weirdly "I-I'm sorry I-I don't, should I?" Angel steps back and looks at the doctor.

"She doesn't remember me? Why doesn't she remember me?" The air is now tense everyone is standing worried.

"Like I said, memory loss is common" Angel grabs the doctors collar.

"Do something?!" He yells "fix it, she has to remember me!" Perla helps remove Angel away from the doctor.

"Where's Lucas?" Angel freezes and looks down at Aria "Lucas!" He asks "yes, my boyfriend" Angel looks up at Luis and Then Damien "her boyfriend?" Angels insides turn and he doesn't have room to think.

He walks out of the room.

Perla and Quinn following behind him.

"Perla she doesn't remember Me" his breathing fastens and he can feel anger rising up "she remembers Lucas" Quinn gives Perla a glance before looking at Angel.

"Angel, it happens, she'll regain her memories ok" he looks down at her "what if she doesn't? What if she never does Quinn?"

"I can't lose her, she's all I've got now" Perla holds his hand "that's not true, you've got us" angel pulls away.

"Do I? Because last time I checked you were both busy creating families and forgetting about me! I basically have no one, mom and dad left?! Your moving on with your life, Quinn you are with Anson all of the time, and me I was just staring to get my life together, I was happy with Aria and now I don't even think I have her anymore" he pauses "I can't do this anymore...not again" he walks away sadness filling his insides.

He drives away to the apartment Luis had given him.

Perla stares at the doors angel just walked out of.

"I-I had no idea he felt that way" Perla feels guilt. Guilt for forgetting about her older brother.

It's true. She hasn't truly thought about him much.

It's like she's leaving him behind and she's now realized it.

"Let's give him time, he needs to think" Perla nods her head holding into Quinn.

"Am I a bad sister" she shakes her head denying "no, no you are an amazing sister, you raised both of your brothers by yourself, so don't doubt yourself, he's just having a hard time right now" Quinn tries to reassure her as they walk back to the room.

"Damien your married now?" Aria is overwhelmed by the new details she has just received.

"Gramps is dead, Gian left long ago and Gian has a daughter moon" Damien is worried himself on how he's going to tell her all that she doesn't remember.

"Who was that guy who walked out?" She asks "he was your boyfriend" Perla stands beside Damien "w-what? No my boyfriend is Lucas" Sofia shakes her head.

"No mija, he is your boyfriend, you've lost your memory which is why you can't remember much of what's happened through three years" Aria stares at moon.

"She's cute, looks a lot like Gian" moon smiles crawling up into bed with Aria.

"I also look like you aunt Aria" they both laugh. "Thank god for that kiddo" Damien smiles at moon as the tension eases.

"Well keep checking up on her, and once we know she's good we'll discharge her tomorrow morning" the doctor excused himself leaving the family alone.

"This is overwhelming" Anson whispers looking At aria and moon.

"Aria, why don't you rest we'll come check up on you in a bit yea?" Nodding slowly moon is scooped up by Anson.

"We need to have a talk" Luis leads the family out of the room towards the waiting area.