• C H A P T E R 30 •

Perla paced back and forth looking out of the window waiting to see her husband come back to her

She's had many nights of discomfort and shedding tears. It's been two days since she's heard anything from Damien.

Both Quinn and Perla are worried for Anson, and Damien.

They wouldn't bare it if they don't come back.

"They will come back, stop pacing darling" Loretta tries to calm Perla down but fails.

Perla looks at Loretta and shakes her head "two days Loretta" she pauses and looks out of the window hopelessly.

"Two fucking miserable days in which I have not heard about my husbands whereabouts and if he's coming home back to me or not!" She yells closing her eyes wanting to relax.

Loretta looks down and suddenly the noise of a car coming up the steep driveway is heard.

Perla freeEs and looks out, a black SUV.

The passenger side opens and out steps "Damien" Perla drops her mug on the floor causing it to break into pieces, instantly making her way towards the door opening it and running outside into her husbands arms.

He wraps his arms around her sighing in relief as his wife scent hits his nostrils. "I thought you weren't coming back" Perla cries not wanting to let go of Damien.

Damien kisses her head and then her cheek. "I'm here now cariño" Damien looks at Anson and Quinn enveloped in a hug.

The day they were attacked Damien was nearly taken from the house. He'd been drugged and beaten but Anson and the guards managed to track him down and kill the other men.

He wouldn't have been here if it weren't for his mafia.

They pull away and Perla stares into Damien's eyes. "I love you" Damien looks at Perla smiling. She just confessed she's in love with him.

"I love you too cariño" they share a passionate kiss, Perla snakes her arms around his neck enjoying his warmth and security.

"I love you I love you I love you" Perla kisses his face happy she's finally got him with her.

"Don't you ever leave me again ok" Perla cups Damien's face noticing the fresh cuts and dried blood near his temple and cheek bone.

Damien lays his hands on her shoulder and kisses her forehead "I'm fine ok, and I don't plan on leaving you again, if it's not necessary" she crosses her arms and looks back at Quinn.

They have decided on something together and it is now time to tell their men.

"Me and Quinn are going to train, not make sure you you guys don't die on us" Both Anson and Damien look at each other they begin to worry.

"No, you girls can't train, what if you girls die? Nope. Not gonna happen Perla" Perla looks at Anson, he immediately looks away and brings Quinn into his arms.

"Well, we talked to you father a couples days back and he said it's mandatory, well not mandatory but it's something he recommends for our safety" Damien rolls his eyes.

"Fine but you are not going to go with us on operations like this, you girls can't risk your lives like that, we're meant to protect you and that's what we're gonna do" Perla look at Quinn for a moment and smirk.

"Ok, we'll see about that" Perla grabs Damien's hand "I" cutting him off she pulls him into the house to help clean his cuts.

Aria enters the tech room blood on her face and arms

Her eyes become soft once she sees me.

Informing the others questions she walks up to me and hugs me. Wrapping my arms around her waist I hold her against me.

"I thought you were with my sister" she shakes her head against my shoulder "I was afraid I wasn't going to see you again" I sigh knowing well that if she didn't make it I'm not sure I would have made either.

"Lets go" scooping her up i ignor the protest oft eh others around me and take her downstairs towards the car.

Before I could let go of her grip tightens and she kisses my neck. "Don't let me go" those words were the last ones she had to mutter for me to know she's scared.

Closing the passenger door I open the drivers and get in with her in my arms.

Her back rest on the door and her head against my chest.

"Where are we going?" She asks me her voice frail and low. Kissing her head I start the car and drive off "to my apartment" she shakes her head "I-I didn't know you had an apartment" I chuckle.

"Your father made sure we all had places to stay for the past two days, he gave me and Anson an apartment" she snickers "he always does that" I smile enjoying the softness of her hair.

"I missed you" she mutters wrapping her arm around my neck once more this time placing a soft lingering kiss on my lips.

"I'm here with you now, Ok" nodding her head she calms down cuddling against me.

I wish I was there to protect her. To make sure she was safe, and to heal her as much as she needs to be.

I've seen how hard she works, with training, work, and family stuff she's stressing out too much and I'm afraid that if she does not take a break she'll lose her self and possibly end up so exhausted she'll have no motive to get up in the mornings.

I need her, and in order to keep her with me, I need to help her and help her anxiety and stress.

She can't handle too much.