• C H A P T E R 22 •

"The doctor called, he said he wanted to talk to us in person" Perla enters the office worry in her eyes

I stand up with Damien following us.

...

We make it to the hospital where the doctor stands outside Quinn's room.

I look inside and don't see anyone in the room.

I push past the doctor and open the doors "w-where is she?" I ask looking frantically around the room.

"Who? Me?" A voice says from outside the room. "She finally woke up" the doctor smiles. Perla runs to hug her. Quinn smiles embracing Perla.

I stand there in shock.

She survived. I can see her beautiful brown eyes.

"Damien" she hugs Damien, a soft hug then she stops and looks up at me.

"An" I walk toward her and envelop her in a hug. Wrapping my arms around her waist pulling her closer to me.

She's warm.

Her arms snake around my neck. I nudge my face in the crook of her neck.

"I see you missed me" she laughs still embracing me.
"A lot" I whisper not wanting to let go. "Why don't we let her rest her feet" the doctor interrupts as I pull back and scoop her up.

"I-uh" she holds onto me as I lay her on the bed. "Quinn, I am glad you are awake, I will come back to talk more about the next steps and other medication you will need to take" Quinn nods and smiles at everyone.

"Anson, you can pull away now" I don't realize just how close we are. I stare into those i eyes I've missed and dreamt about.

Quinn accommodate herself on the bed as I sit on the same chair I've sat on for the past 2 years and a half.

"Quinn, I missed you" Perla can Hold back her tears as she hugs her tightly. Quinn pulls back and cups her face "you can't rid of me that easily darling" Perla laughs through tears and lays beside her.

Damien smiles at Quinn.

"You had us all worried Quinn" I look at her not daring to speak once. I just can't believe she made it, and she's here stronger then ever.

Quinn looks at me and ruffles my hair "I'm here now love, no need to worry" I smile at her pulling her hand up and pressing a soft lingering kiss.

She holds my hand over hers. "Thank you for staying by my side" I shake my head "anytime" Damien gets a call and he excuses himself.

 "Thank you for staying by my side" I shake my head "anytime" Damien gets a call and he excuses himself