• C H A P T E R 23 •

"mama, I don't want to marry a man I don't know!" I groan looking at my dad hoping he would change his mind

"darling, I hate to do this but if we had a choice I wouldn't be doing this, your grandfather signed a treaty with William" I sit up and snatch the paper he has in his hands.

I swear I may sound mean but I hope he rots in hell.

"Sadly you are our only daughter." true but a fucking shame.

"adopt one and marry her off" My mom laughs shaking her head "biological daughter" I look at mom "then get her pregnant" I say as a matter of fact while crossing my arms. "we are too old to be having another baby Aria moon!" My father stands up grabbing the paper.

"ugh unbelievable, I can't give my freedom away" my father glances at me for a moment and then walks towards me "darling I am sorry, you know if I had a say in this I would have never let his happen but I can't. Lucas is a good kid, your friends aren't you" I roll my eyes.

"He may have been my friend with benefit maybe boyfriend back in freshman year but that still isn't a good reason to marry him!" he slams his hand on his desk.

"YOU WHAT!" I shrug my shoulders. "I'm not a baby dad, girls have sex, young o-" he cuts me off "bloody hell child shut up, I swear I am going to kill him" My mom shakes her head disapprovingly "you can't because of the pact mi Amor" standing up she holds his shoulder.

"you will be going to the annual ball with him, so we'll discuss the matter with time after the ball" I walk away without another word and stomp up towards my room.

I stop in my tracks "Oh my god! you are beautiful!" a red head girl gasps touching my face. I stand frozen completely concerned.

Angel comes into view "McKenna stop touching her face" He's shirtless, his body flexes as he slips a shirt over his head.

this must be his fuck buddy.

I move away from them and slam my door shut.

fucking selfish pricks.

"you fucking did it didn't you!" Jensen's mother comes screaming towards me wanting to rip my head off

"Did what exactly?" this women is psycho.

"you killed him, I swear I am going to end you!" I roll my eyes "I had nothing to do with Jensen getting killed, I've been here the whole day, you can check the cameras if you want" She looks at her husband, a sobbing mess.

He's got his karma, it's just a coincidence he died after I basically threatened him. I could give zero shits to be honest. he got what he deserved.

"My child is an orphan because of you" I laugh stepping closer to his pregnant mistress. "he would have killed your baby just like he did his first son" she steps back looking at her in laws shock evident In her eyes.

"he did not have a son" I shake my head "sure, you believe what you want to believe sweetheart, in all you should thank the person who killed Jensen, that person saved you and your Childs life" I walk away from them before they annoy me even more.

they should all rot in hell for all I care.

Walking into the room I look at Quinn for a moment "Quinn" looking up at me she nods her head "yes?" leaning against the door "he's dead" silence surrounds the room.

It's convenient it's pouring rain outside.

thunder is heard loudly all over the hospital. "Like h-he's never coming b-back again dead?" She asks I could feel tears glistening in her eyes. Is she sad or happy?

she then begins to sob.

I run to her pulling her to me "Why are you crying?" I ask alarmed "h-he's not going to torment me anymore Perla" she gasps trying to control her sobbing "Perla" she stands up tears still rolling down her face, she closes her eyes controlling her breathing.

A panic attack.

"Quinn, look at me" I cup her face and breath with her "count to ten" She opens her eyes looking at me terrifies. "Only good memories ok, breath, only good memories" She holds my hands shaking her head.

"p-please I need to get out of here" I nod my head "let's go outside" I tell her, helping her off the bed. she clings to me still breathing hard.

we stand on the rooftop, the city looking beautiful under the sunset light.

"breath remember" she slows her breathing and looks out enjoying the view.

"Perla, why do I feel sad?" that's a great question I have no answer to. she should be relived.

"I was married to him for nearly 6 years" I nod my head, she wasted her life on a man who never truly loved her. "I loved him at some point, and I know at some point he did as well" I stare at wondering i she's being serious.

that asshole never loved her. he doesn't have love to give around.

"But I can't forgive for what he has done to me" she pauses and looks at me "I may feel sad but I do still wish he rots in hell" looking away I turn to look at the view.

she still doesn't know me and Damien are in a arranged marriage.

she doesn't know I hate him right now because he's always wanting me to do shit I don't want to do.

but I also care for him which is strange. he's got his flaws, but he cares for me. He isn't afraid of showing it.

"I'm glad he's not here to hurt another women, or hurt me again" pulling her in for a hug i speak quietly "It's time to forget him Quinn, you can do this" she nods her head against me "it's time to do just that" we pull away and laugh at each other.

"I'm happy to have you by my side Perla De Leon" I nod my head with a big smile "I'm happy to have you by my side as well Quinn west." she laughs pushing me away.

"now darling, shall we go vacuum up some magnificent food?" I hold my hand up against my chest fake crying "I thought you'd never ask" she laughs grabbing my hand and leading me back towards the doors.

I'm glad she's slowly accepting what's happening and she doesn't have to worry about Jensen or anything to do with him.

We'll always be here for her no matter what.

especially Anson Ledger.