• C H A P T E R 18 •

he's different

he's different.

His persistence is pulling me closer to him. He's like a breath of fresh air, something I want to keep forever but can't.

The way his eyes drift to me any chance he gets. The way he smiles, the way he wants to make sure I feel protected and am safe.

He's not like Jensen.

Jensen is a...devil. A fucking monster.

I dread going home everyday after work, I always make sure I busy myself with all my papers and if I run out I make others give me their work.

A home is supposed to be your safe place, a place where you feel loved, instead when I get that so called 'home' I'm instantly threatened and feel fear. Fear for my life, and fear that I'll never ever be the same as before.

Jensen wasn't always like he was now. He was sweet attentive, loving, protective and I still can't believe that at one point I felt safe with him.

But that all changed once his mistresses came into our lives, always coming in and out of our home. I tried to leave him but I was pregnant, I was threatened by a gun, so I was forced to stay behind and forget freedom.

I could not open up and tell anyone due to embarrassment, and fear of what others might think or say.

I had to ignore all his infidelities and keep myself together for my baby boy.

But I had enough. When my son died because of him, I was done beating around the bush and I was done living in a toxic home and never getting to be my true self.

This is why I'm afraid of dragging others with me due to my problems and past. Anson does not deserve a broken women, or a women who will only bring him down.

He deserves a women who isn't like me or me at all.

"You are beautiful" i stare into his pretty green orbs. He's cute. Really cute.

"Well, thank you, but that does not smitten me Anson" with my hand under my chin I focus my attention on Him.

"I really thought it worked" he leans in and pulls a strand of hair behind my ear.

"You are the most gorgeous women I've ever laid eyes on, your smile is breathtaking, and may I add, your accent has me worshiping the very ground you walk on" I smile widely at him.

No one has ever complemented me the way he has.

"Oh stop it, it's not that special" He shakes his head "stop thinking you are not what I think you are, I'd give you my eyes just so you can see how perfect and beautiful you are Quinn" I nod my head at his words.

How does he do that?

Compliment me to the point I'm ready to give him all of me in just so little time.