• C H A P T E R 26 •

As I'm Walking into the hospital my phone begins to ring

Pulling it up to my ear I answer "what's up?" I press the elevator button and wait.

"Son, are you attending the ball?" Damien's father asks.

Stepping into the elevator I answer "no, I will not, I have some things to do" He chuckles lowly "I get it, well I will see you tomorrow then, take care" cutting the call off the elevator pings.

I might have told her to give herself time but she had no one else to take care of her and help her get home.

I told the doctor to let me know when she'll be discharged and not Perla.

Perla has had her for many years it's time I take care of her for now.

"Anson, hey it's finally time" Quinn's doctor pats my back while smiling "yes, do I need sign anything or?" He shakes his head.

"no, no she's all set, she just needs a little help getting up and down, she also needs to take her medicine for headaches and that's about it" I nod my head placing my keys in the back of my pants.

"Thanks, then I'll go help" walking towards her room I see her being placed in a wheelchair. "I've got her" I tell the nurse as Quinn looks up at with surprise.

"Thank you" the nurse leaves me with Quinn. Grabbing her bags I begin rolling her towards the elevator.

As we enter the elevator she speaks up "Anson" i look down at her.

She looks so innocent and beautiful. She didn't deserve what happened to her.

"Hmm" she smiles at me then looks away "why'd you come instead of Perla?" I reply shortly after.

"because I wanted to be the one to take care of you" she fidgets with her hands.

"You don't have to, I am practically a millionaire I can hire someone" I snicker at her response.

"It's not because I have to its because I want to" she shakes her head. "I'm a handful, when I'm sick I tend to be very moody" looking down at her I analyze her facial expression.

She's being serious but non truthful.

"I can manage" the elevator stops and I wheel her out towards the front where my car is parked.

Pulling her stuff into the trunk I proceed to open the passenger door and scoop her up into the car.

"Thank you" I nod my head closing the door. I take the wheelchair back into the hospital and leave it near the entrance.

Quinn is staring at me through the window. I smile at her and immediately she looks away.

She so cute!

"Do you know where I live?" She asks "in the house near the coast?" She shakes her head no. Huh, I thought she lived there. "I've asked my assistant to purchase a new home up the mountain on-top of the coast." I'm impressed.

She's pretty smart.

"Do you know how to get there?" Of course I do, I have a small cottage as a getaway near there. Mr. Luca, a old family friend lives there's to look after it for me while I'm gone.

"As we get near you show me the way" she nods her head buckling up.

May this trip be easy.