Its a trap

So the next night, after everyone gets ready for chesterfield's 1000th anniversary party.

Professor marmalade was humming happily to himself as he looks at his window, when ge noticed the bad guys not talking to each other and angrily while avoiding eye contact and princess was in the middle of the fight.

"Sheesh, what's with the silent treatment, this sure puts the damper on the evening" he chuckles, "cone on this is your night and your last night with princess might as well make the best of it, tomorrow you're all going to be free".

Then when they finally arrived wolf gets up.

"Come on let's go before snake makes us look bad" wolfs says.

"Well I hate to betray the team again huh wolf" snake hissed back.

"Well that was weird huh princess" marmalade asked as or was next to him, then she started to cry.

"Aw don't worry soon you'll be with your family again" hearing this had broke wolf's heart so he goes over to them and bends down as marmalade gets up and takes princess's hand.

"Here professor allow me" wolf takes princess and puts her in him hand and holds out as they head inside chesterfield mansion, there they were cheered and clapped by millions of people who now loved them instead of fearing them.

Everyone clapped when they see princess smiling and with wolf.

They both turned to see that they were being approached by Diane, she wore the same dress from before.

"I see you made it" she smiled.

"Wha-are you kidding I wouldn't miss it for the world" wolf chuckles.

Diane and wolf smiled at each other then they both heard princess purred, Diane bends her head down to princess and strokes her cheek.

"Aw Ready to go home now little one" princess giggles by Diane, then suddenly the chief of police came between them.

"Oh good you brought princess, I'll just take her off her hands" but when the chief reaches her hands out to grab her, princess climbs onto wolf's arm, trying to get away from the chief.

"huh, HEY" she stares at wolf but he just smirks and shrugs his shoulders.

"It's not my fault she likes me" just before she could cause a fight, Thomas came in.

"Chief what did I tell you, no fighting" he says.

"But sir he has princess" the chief complained.

"I know and don't worry by the end of the night, he'll be giving princess back" he says in a ominous tone as he stares at with with a deadly look, "until then let them enjoy their time with princess" he walks away, nudging wolf's shoulders roughly.

Wolf was a little scared at first but act like it was nothing.

"Well that was weird" he and Diane laughed as if it was nothing.

Then after hours of mingling with people, it became time for snake to take princess back to Thomas.

Snake slithered up to wolf and toad on his shoulders.

"Hey it's time to giver her back now" snake puts his taut out to wolf, gesturing him to give up princess.

Wolf looks down at princess then looks up and he shuts his eyes and he hands princess to snake.

As he does, princess reaches out to him when snake grabs her.

"Go ahead but I won't watch as we abandoned a child who clearly needs us" wolf scold.