Chapter two page two

I heard laughter as I had continuously failed to pronounce the words right and stutter out of the fear of looking like an idiot in front of Mrs.

The heat in my face had come again when I heard Mrs. snapped at the class after they had laughed at me for the third time. She had smiled at me like she was encouraging me to keep reading, so when I did not, she called on Silas who had laughed at me the most. Silas was the cruelest only caring for himself, I had only ever seen Mrs. Groves stand up to him as he held the position of the prince of the land.

If Mrs. Groves had not been there, I would have laughed aloud right in his shocked face, but she was so I just turned to him and gave him a smug face that was returned by a glare with his old empty grey eyes. The glares I got by the people that lived in Aytgin gave me use to scare me but now they would not get a reaction... at least not one that they would know of.

Mrs. Groves cleared her throat looking at her book getting my attention, but she had a ghost of a smile that stopped me from feeling bad.

Silas started reading, his voice had not turned deep yet at the time. As he looked down to read his saggy hair fell from behind his ear slightly.

Now many years later and the one most important thing I have learned from him is...

Wearing a crown is a dark and lonely thing.

What he learned from me was that...

Every throne comes at a cost.