chapter 3 page 20

One rattle of the door frame announced Bowie's arrival. He's appearance was rough, he had a scrape on his left cheek, his shirt sleeve had been ripped showing his undershirt. He walked with a slight limp and his knuckles were beat and red with blood, whether the blood was his or someone else is still a mystery.

Mother Astria had rushed to his side obviously glad at his presence. Bowie put his hand on the back of her head pulling her in for a sweet kiss, giving her a hug.

As Mother Astria turned back to my view her eye bags were more evident as I studied her face for the first time since I had gotten here. A sudden wave of sorrow hit me, in this one night she had gone through so much. She didn't know if her husband would come back alive, she almost had to bury one of her daughters, Davi. And she thought she lost me.

Mother Astria had always felt remorse for taking me from my world, my real mother, she wasn't my biological mother though my birth mom and dad never got along, fought sometimes, I was given up. Mother Astria couldn't have changed it she didn't bargain for having me as a burden for the rest of my life, but I knew she was glad I had become her daughter.

She always wanted one, a daughter, she had multiple miscarriages none ever making it. And I was destined to die one day, but that was supposed to be along time later.