chapter 3 page 9

A voice sweet as honey rang out. The voice was so sweet I could feel my teeth ach. As if this voice had brought up a tooth cavity after years and years of sweets.

Finally, I could put a body to this infectious voice as a tall branch like woman rounded the corner. She glided elegantly and effortlessly across the floor to the woman who led me her through the maze.

When two women were right next to each other, the branch like woman wrapped her arms around the smaller woman and I warmed my hands near the fire. As their hug continued and they started to rock. The two women seemed so completely and entirely absorbed in each other. A fire could consume the whole house and they would be too completely infatuated in the other's eyes.

I wanted to be just like that with Davi when we are older.

Their love for each other seemed so pure and kind, the kind of love that only poets believe in, the kind that people would sell their soul for, the kind that my father could never give my mother.

I did not want to interrupt the only time I would be able to see this kind of love, of course Astoria and Bowie loved each other but for their family's love was something to be used as a trade as an alliance as a tool to shape to the perfect blade to hold any power over them.

Sharing one simple kiss, the branch lady who I had not formally met yet, turned to me with a smile. She reminded me of the angels that were held at so high of respect in the human world.

The air around me turned warmer, even with the fireplace right next to me, her delicate cheeks were painted with a slight wholesome blush. Her blush had spread to the air and the sudden warmth seemed to wrap me in a blanket. It was lovely.

"Honey, who have you invited in?" Her voice projected the embarrassment of the moment and surprise she was caught in. Although her skin was dark, I could still see the light blush that still remained.

She walked towards me tugging the hair out of the two curled horns that laid on her head. When she had finally got to me, we shook hands. The many rings on her fingers chilled my hand.