chapter 3 page 15

The second and last troll did not seem to care about the death of his partner.

Charging forward his large feet seemed to get in his way. I could use that to my advantage. Turning around I ran to the moss patch. Weaving through trees my small size came to be certainly helpful.

One of the logs I had jumped over easily seemed to come as a challenge to the troll whose biceps seemed to be larger than me. Hitting his kneecaps on the bark with a loud thud, it was foolish but slowly with my guard up I turn watching as he fell to the ground.

As the earth shook from the fall, I lunged for the spear that had fallen out of his hands.

Before the troll could tell what would happen next, I had already plunged the spear in the back of his throat.

His dark green blood filled in the maze created by the tree bark, pouring on and off of the fallen leaves.

This was the first chance she had to look around, it stopped me from feeling sorry for the life she just took. They had destroyed.

The field Davi and I was no longer beautiful it was burnt. Left to be destroyed. I saw in the distances the smoke in the sky and the broken wood of the shops in the market.

Davi...

Questions were every where in my mind, leaving my head reeling. Was she okay? Did she get away? Was she even alive?

And what if she wasn't, what if she was hurt or worse dead?

Davi and I were supposed to go to the strawberry patch and make strawberry tarts and cakes, Davi was so exited to try the new recipes and new strawberries of the season.

Taking a right turn instead of going home, I headed to the patch.