chapter 3 page 7

When I had rounded the corner to the end of the mud room, my back hit the very corner of the turn when I first saw her. Not because of the one big scar down her face, not because of her two different eye colors, and not because of the tattoos on the side of her face.

On the contrary, she was quite beautiful.

With one swift movement she had ushered me farther into the house, the farther in the house the more it smelt like cookie. So, like Hansel and Gretel into the oven I go.

Only metaphorically of course... But if it did come down to that I would willingly go, if I could die to that glorious smell.

As we walked farther than before into the house there were so many twists and turns, I tried to remember each door we went through and every hallway we walked.

I stayed quiet and listened to every word her wispy voice said, she seemed old ancient even, but she looked so nimble and youthful.

In cabins the air usually felt stuffy and suffocating to me but in here this cabin's air was so refreshing and made me feel calm and relief.

My observations on the cabin air turned in to the thoughts of the old peaceful wind spirits I had called on to carry my message.

"Ah, I sense you figured it out," the woman next to me sighed but not in defeat she seemed tired. "I am the wind spirit" she admitted. I slowed my footsteps slowly as I stopped to following her and she turned around to look at me and I let my hands rest to my sides carelessly. But my head reeled, and my thoughts were everywhere, looking for anything to defend myself with.

I knew it was foolish and I was soon to be at defeat, I was not a worthy opponent and was never going to be strong enough to win in a fight against a spirit.

I was mortal I was meant to die,

But she was immortal, something to last forever.