chapter 3 page 14

"And what will you do, you have no weapon or skill" His words were true but a spear that grazed the top of the rock we were behind shut any other conversation down.

"Ready?" He didn't respond to my question, but it did not matter. That wasn't going to stop this from happening. He must have gathered this information and when I did move, he ran.

As he ran into the open, I had stumbled into the clearing out of the safety of the rock. As long as their attention was on me not him, he was safe. The two trolls had moved their focus to little harmless ole me.

I did not think this through but as long as Aytigen still had its heir things would be okay.

At last decision I dove for the spear that they had foolishly thrown at the rock. Not that I knew how to use it but at least I will die with a chance. That idea was flawed though would it not be more embarrassing to die with a weapon.

I looked around maybe there was some sort of escape route but all I had saw was trees suffocating each other growing so close and their branch scratched each other every time a breeze came.

Not Knowing how to hold the spear I waved it in the air, probably looking crazy, but that was okay maybe if I looked defenseless, they would leave me alone.

I thought of throwing the spear at them, but if I missed, I would have nothing to save myself with.

The trolls start to close the gap in-between.

Not thinking about it, I felt the spear slip from my grasp. I knew I lost my chance. But as I looked up one of the troll, the smaller one, was lying on the forest floor.

Dead.

I took a life, but what scared me the most was...

I didn't care.