chapter 3 page 12

She put her hand back to the front of the fire for warmth. "I'm Esen"

Before I could ask anything more about herself, she turned entirely back to the flames. But I didn't even have time to try to get her attention again, Brisa already started her tangent about the culture of humans. Not that I minded she was like a puppy I couldn't help but feel okay near her.

Eventually time had to pass, it was time to go face those demons I had be trying to avoid.

"It's time to go my dear" Brisa leaned to give me a hug then leading me to the hallway door. Esen had stayed near the fire, but she still gave me a smile.

Brisa opened the door as I stepped near the door Brisa didn't follow me like I expected her to. "You know where to go" she had said with a smile.

But I didn't, I forgotten all the twists and turns, still I stepped forward preparing to walk through the threshold.

With small steps not ready to leave, shuffling my feet slowly trying to stay in the place that would keep me from life and death. When I did get there I my shuffles caught the floor and as I tripped, I prepared myself to hit my hands on the cold wood floors.

Close my eyes and brace myself.

My body had hit a ground that wasn't unfamiliar but wasn't expected.

My eyes now open I say my breath cling to the frigid air looking around I was sprawled out in the flower field. The sun and gone down, the stars twinkled in the sky, these were the star where I found my comfort at this home that wasn't supposed to be mine.

When I first came here, I wanted nothing more than to go home to mother, and now as I couldn't find this new home, I just wanted to be with Davi.

The midnight dew that laid on the blades of grass now damped my dress.

As I walked out of the perimeter of the field a breeze of wind seemed to give me a hug.

A final goodbye no doubt.