chapter 4 page 2

The clattering of the door followed us as we made our way towards the dining room. Sweet aromas filled the air. This place had been my home for a year now, it felt like a dream, and I was soon to walk up left with the empty feeling of loneliness.

The wood table was decorated with plates and plates of the finest meals you could muster. Davi hit my shoulder before running to her seat.

I took my seat right next to her, we didn't have a set rule of you sat where but we all knew our spots.

When I had first woke up here, I remember looking at Davi who had sat directly across the table from me. Eventually as we became closer the adults noticed our friendship and the shared glances, so I was moved for my seat.

The move caused the shared glances to shift to secrets being shared in hushed whispers.

Reaching across the table we grabbed one of the pale pink pastries that were meant for after dinner. Spitting it in half the filling form the inside got on Davi's hand. Since she had be the one to divide it tonight, I would be the one to choose.

Davi was the first one to take a bite of the sweet treat when she lifted her head up at me, I had been caught staring. I flushed.

The filling covered the tip of her nose pointing it out, she wiped most of it off but some of the sugary substances stayed stuck.

Reaching out, first to see how she would react, and when she didn't reject my advances, I lifted my arm some more my thumb made contact with her skin and almost embarrassed at our contact I pulled back. Though I had achieved my goal.

She smiled at me, I could practically feel my blood rush to my skin the heat of it could have caused my skin to bubble in boils.

May and Astria entered the dinning room only moments later, but our fathers did not follow. Although Bowie seemed tough and beaten whenever Mother Astria was near, he would follow her like a lost puppy.

He would follow her into the unescapable jaws of death.

"Where's Father" My question hung in the air for a few moments, a few silent moments. 'He had work" Mother gave me a warm smile and a tilt of her head.