chapter 3 page 11

Brisa had stated her opinions; respectively.

It's not that I was getting tired of listening to her but there was something that I needed to know. "Will Davi get her message soon?" I tried to hide it but the waver in my voice was inevitable for her to hear.

"Oh yes, of course she will" Her voice was always spoken in a dreamy way, but this time she spoke in a whisper as if someone might hear. Or as if we had some great secret.

Was there something I did not know, and could everyone see it?

I didn't worry about that for too long because I what I needed to focus my energy on was the battle that must be going on outside.

"Do know anything about these trolls?"

"Dear I know what you are asking but I am not the fates." she explained with some remorse, and I noticed through the corner of my eye the way the other woman had crumpled her face, her nose twisting in a grimace. I knew what Brisa was saying was she could not tell me the answer and I knew she knew that I was asking if I would survive.

In an effort to hide my sudden unease I turn my head to the side staring at the other woman who sat down next to the fireplace, when she caught my gaze, she offered a small smile. Moving her hands away from their spot next to the flames she offered her right hand to me. Filling in the gap our hands connected and as I was about to introduce myself, she interrupted me "I already know who you are" her voice was sweet and practically gave me a tooth ache, in a good way if there even was one.

"Your future holds amazing promises if you are willing to keep them"

Maybe it was because I have not experienced much in life, but I had no clue what she meant and that was fine, it never was wise to mess with the fate given to you.

What she said had given me hope, even if she hadn't said it, I felt she wanted my survival.