𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐉𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐒 → 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂 + 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐋𝐄𝐒

💜

Breathtaking serenity sparkled across the field, songbirds whistling within the evening breeze as it rippled through the sunlit grass.

The flavour of vanilla tickled (Y/n)'s tastebuds along with the freezing sensation of ice cream. She carefully held the crunching waffle texture of the cone that held the cold dessert, licking it with delicacy so not a single droplet would be lost.

Her parents Tom and Maddie accommodated the rest of the bench, her furry friends also enjoying the relaxing heat as the sunshine continued to project golden light across the lawn.

Sonic was snuggled into her side, carefully sliding his tongue up and down the crispy cone that his cookies and cream flavoured dessert slithered down in the warmth. His head rested at the side of her chest, buzzing with happiness inside. (Y/n)'s fingers carefully caressed his blue fur, rubbing her hands gently across his arm.

Tails took the seat on her other side, golden fur decorating his fluffy twin tails fluttering in the humid breezes as mint ice cream cooled his throat with every hasty lick. His gloved fingers quickly collected any green dessert that spilled from the cone to let nothing go to waste.

Knuckles crossed his legs on the grassy ground, staring into the contents of his ice cream tub with displeasure. A tiny plastic spoon attempted to scoop up each mouthful, the amount not being enough for him.

Although sprinkles including every colour of the rainbow melted into the purple dessert, Knuckles was still recovering from his what you could call breakdown that grape sorbet was the best he could find (because apparently, to his annoyance, grape ice cream was impossible to make and so did not exist).

Sonic continued to snuggle into (Y/n)'s side, mesmerizing shade of green consuming his eyes watching the creamy white confectionary melt while he licked it up in speed. She rested her head atop of his, fingers shifting to tickle the peach shaded fur of his stomach.

Sonic chuckled from the loving touch, (Y/n)'s fingers tickling his tummy quicker until they both bent over in laughter. She held his fluffy face with her free hand, bringing his forehead forward to plant a kiss.

Knuckles turned to them, rolling his violet eyes at the affection his spikey blue companion was suddenly receiving. A strange feeling crept into his chest and exploded like bomb, confusing him further as he stirred the unusually bright coloured dessert around.

Tails stifled a giggle, swallowing another gulp of minty delight before making an obvious statement.

"Knuckles is jealous!"

Knuckles growled in embarrassment, knowing the little fox was right but being too ashamed to admit it. His fluffy cheeks heated up to match the shade of his crimson quills.

"I am not." He grumbled, turning back to face the glimmering dusk that dusted the otherwise lush green field of the park.

"Yeah, you are!" Sonic teased.

Knuckles growled louder, continuing to blush as nothing but mischievous laughter filled the air. Even (Y/n) giggled a little, Sonic feeling it as her body moved slightly beside him.

The angered echidna squeezed himself into the miniscule amount of space between (Y/n) and Tails, the little fox almost being knocked face down into the mud below his feet by Knuckles' strengthened body (which he claimed to be made from "one million percent muscle").

Tails squeaked as he shuffled up as much as he could before the intimidating inevitable of being beaten up became a reality. A small smile became carved into the abyss of shimmering white fluff that shaped his face, Knuckles innocently nestling into (Y/n)'s opposite side.

(Y/n) smiled, finishing the final crunches of the ice cream's cone before a hand patted his head. Sonic stifled a chuckle, seeing Knuckles' disappointment that it was all the affection he received as he remained cradled beside (Y/n)'s lap like a baby.

Sonic saw the glare Knuckles' violet orbs gave him, feeling like the enragement was shot towards him like a burning laser. He playfully stuck his tongue out to him, (Y/n)'s arm continuing to envelop his fluffy body as he rested his head to her shoulder.

Sonic felt his chest vibrating as if he was purring, something he was unaware he was capable of. (Y/n) caressed the cerulean quills the poked from the top of his head, his eyes fluttering closed from the pleasurable comfort.

Knuckles continued to grumble in the jealousy he couldn't admit, nestling his face into (Y/n)'s chest until a hand rubbed his back. He smiled into her as Sonic's emerald orbs reopened, the image he was greeted with causing him to pout.

"Why is he getting cuddles now?"

"Because everyone deserves them."

Knuckles cheekily smiled from within (Y/n)'s chest, glaring to Sonic.

"He's a good guy now, so he can have just as many cuddles as you." (Y/n) ruffled Sonic's fluffy head as he rolled his emerald orbs in reluctant agreement.

He smiled mischievously. "But am I still your favourite?"

She giggled, tickling his tummy to hear more delighted laughter.

Sonic still smiled a little at her words, understanding Knuckles' predicament when he did all those things to him and the emotional struggle they both shared. As well as how he's just trying to fit in now, and how he needs to be accepted, as a friend while the opportunity is still there.

Knuckles smirked, sticking his tongue out to Sonic as he felt another rub across his back. The little blue hedgehog wrapped his arms around (Y/n)'s neck in revenge, her arms holding up as if he were a toddler.

Tails giggled, his twin tails spinning like a helicopter to fly in on the action. He landed within (Y/n)'s lap, almost nudging Knuckles away even further as he grumbled once more.

(Y/n) giggled, feeling the fluffy touches of all three of them fighting over as much space within her bubble of affection as they could, her parents stifling some chuckles through their beaming smiles.

💜