𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐍𝐀𝐍𝐓 → 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂 ✨ 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟐 ✨

The wait is over, @I_got_le_papayas and @XxIsabella_RosexX !!

💙

Evening sunlight pulled the curtains of the bedroom to the side, smiling to the beautiful relationship that held the delicacy of a precious diamond inside the home illuminated with contentment. This love was yet to be discovered by the rest of the world, but it glistened from the touch of the strips of gold that leant their heads to the partially open window and watched their fingers trace inside.

Exhaustion became an exhale from Sonic the hedgehog's chest. He could feel tiredness from the day creeping up on him, like it all collided with his aching body at once and tried to squeeze out any ounce of energy that remained.

Even though he could fall asleep if he closed his emerald eyes glittering with overflowing happiness of the events of the day, he made sure to keep them wide open. Even though his eyelids draped down with the need to pull them up every few seconds from the soporific sense the sunlight projected to him, he kept them open. Even though his body craved for sleep like a needle of fatigue had been injected into his usually adrenaline pumped veins, he kept his watering eyes open.

It was like the final flame of vigour was ready to burn out, but it was as if Sonic kept striking a match to keep the fire of awakenment alive. He could feel ashes of lassitude roaring away inside, but he put every inch of effort he could into staying awake.

Sonic held a hand to his stomach, arm flopping to the side as weakness controlled it. He could feel the careful rise and fall with every breath almost shaking with exhaustion, but a swirl of warmth like the light spreading across the bed he laid upon noted him to the joy that flourished alongside. The smile carved into his face would never drop, no matter how tired he became and if he no longer obtained the energy to keep it upwards.

Sonic kept his other gloved hand in the most special of all places. A place that reflected the last week of his life, and the rest of his life from this day on. The most important thing to him at this moment, and he was certain that feeling would last forever.

Sure, he'd been through some chaos in the astonishing world of being the planet's greatest hero, but this next step would be nothing compared to that.

Nothing could compare to the pride that now sparkled in his soul, the joy that radiated from this heavenly experience of a lifetime, and the love that he could already feel keeping himself and the tiny hedgehog beside him connected like the stalk of a luscious leaf to a tree's branch.

Sonic slowly raised his fingers before pressing them back into the baby's fur in the softest manner he could possibly maintain, pleading to avoid putting a single one of his fingers tense with tiredness in the wrong place. The rise and fall of the baby's sleeping body pressed against his hand, Sonic grinning uncontrollably at the uplifting sensation of the child's breaths. It was a soothing sound that reassured him everything was okay, and it was a sound he wished to hear every day for the rest of his life.

His baby laid in a curled position just beside him, leaving a softened dent into the neighbouring pillow of the double bed, illuminated by the evening light. He held both hands against one another, balancing his fragile head atop of the tiny fingers decorated with toe beans that would make anyone's eyes water from the cuteness. His feet possessed the same, just below his delicate legs that curved up so his knees would meet his hands and that his tiny tail could act as a blanket atop his little toes.

Sonic kept his fingers buried into the baby's quills that matched the same shade of vivid blue as his own, as if the child was himself from many years in the past. It was as if he'd leapt into a time machine and brought himself home from when he was at such an early age, and the similarity between the father and son sometimes frightened him it was so accurate.