𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐂𝐔𝐃𝐃𝐋𝐄𝐒 → 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂

Proudly sponsored by @xXXSonicWachowskiXXx !!

💙

Tick. Tick. Tick...

As you could probably guess, that would be the clock.

Hmmmm...

And what may be more difficult to assume, that would be the soft and time passing humming of a little blue hedgehog.

Sonic had been home alone most of the day, and for once, he hadn't trashed the place. It was a great phenomenon for the cheeky cerulean critter not to laugh in the face of every rule set in stone by his parents before they took off to their vital occupations that pumped safety through the town of Green Hills like blood through a heart before smashing them to pieces.

It was for reasons that remained unknown to himself, but today it felt right. Since the moment he awakened in the attic customised to be his lovely little bedroom in the silky crimson duvet of his racecar bed this morning, he could sense a change to his regular attitude to being left completely alone ahead. Again, he wasn't sure why, but spontaneously it happened, and it felt like the words of his parents sank in more successfully today.

"Stay outta trouble! And don't trash the place!" Tom instructed, leaving formally and extremely early, prepared for another day as a local sheriff still with hope he would be given a duty more intriguing than measuring speed of passing vehicles.

"Take care of yourself, sweetheart." Maddie cried out from her more hurried departure later in the morning from an emergency veterinary call, while ensuring she blew a little kiss to her beloved hedgehog son before leaving.

And (Y/n)...

This morning, she had stumbled out of bed at a time that left her on the brink of being late to school, and Sonic had practically watched her every move with emerald eyes still dreary from the night. Even though she couldn't have been any more distracted, gathering all of her equipment after overcoming the main challenge of remembering what the heck day it even was, she made sure to give him a hug before rushing out the door swiftly after her father.

"See you later, Sonic." She softly mumbled, as her voice was compressed in volume from her face being buried so deep in the top of Sonic's head.

She felt him nod into her shoulder, and she broke the embrace way too soon for what the hedgehog preferred so their eyes could connect. (Y/n) smiled into those vivid green skies filled with mesmerising bolts of lighter shades and darker yellows as she felt Sonic's admiration pour through her dazzling (e/c) gems. Gently, she pressed a hand to his cheek so this moment wouldn't cease too soon, although she knew he would never leave by his own choice.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?"

Sonic nodded vigorously again, but (Y/n) could sense the little smile he acted screamed with lies. She always felt regretful leaving him every morning without fail, and her walk to school felt bemused after his little reply.

"Yup."

But the hedgehog, still half asleep, cherished her departure every morning, even though her inevitable absence laid ahead. No matter what predicament she had rolled out of bed into, an early go ahead or an unorganised late start, she always made sure to give him her full attention before she left, even if it were to be for not quite a minute. Despite this sometimes meaning a hold up after school for waltzing through those gates a tad too behind schedule, it would happen without fail.

Sonic could still feel to this moment around nine hours later where she had rubbed the palm of her softened hand over his forehead, caressing his quills until her fingers traced the very tips. He could still sense a buzz against the peach fuzz to his cheek that had been graced with her lips, like a patch of warm fervor had tickled it all day since.