𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐇𝐈𝐌 𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐊𝐄 → 𝐁𝐈𝐆

💜

Late afternoon sunbeams captured the indomitable lusciousness of the glorious green all over the forest, illuminating every little detail from every line creased into the base of a leaf or markings carved into the trunk of a tree. It all kept still, except for the odd rustle through the trees from a tiny breeze now and again.

The leaves forming a barrier between the sky and ground seemed thinner as the strips of light leaked through them, and made their shade seem more of a passionate green than one shaded from the uncountable amount huddled together. Some beams managed to reach the soil, every beetle and butterfly tracing the petals of the flowers visible.

Plant life acted like a mystical rainbow, from vibrant crimson poppies to bright yellow dandelions and soft indigo bluebells, pink tulips and fluffy grey dandelions that had progressed more in growth than the others. It was untouchable, and also rather quiet, pardon the birds chittering gently in the thick branches high above.

(Y/n) strolled down the pathway engraved through the grass, much to Mother Nature's annoyance as it invaded her ability to keep every strand vivid and healthy. She spun on her heels whenever something caught her (e/c) eye to keep her view, her head feeling stuck upwards to observe the peaceful daily routine of the trees welcoming every little breeze and flash of sunlight.

It was a route she had taken to reach home from school and vice versa only recently, the alternative journey taking just a few minutes longer but holding much more natural delights. Before, she would ponder the streets of Station Square, avoiding the vehicle fumes and suspicious people while she made out the maze of streets until she reached home.

This option was much more relaxing, no cars speeding past or people not having the social etiquette to excuse her when consuming the whole pavement. Just the gentle touch of nothing but nature, the only sound being the whistle of birds or the rustling of leaves, but other than that, silence.

It helped her clear her mind of the day before, without the hustle and bustle of the city infecting it instead and applying nothing but stress. She could take time to think things over, something the life in Station Square never seemed to provide. (Y/n) took a deep breath and closed her eyes for only a second, happily skipping down the path.

She was sure she knew where the pathway would lead, not exactly paying much attention to the route she took. She couldn't help it, the mesmerising nature of the heat of springtime keeping her inconveniently distracted. She couldn't take her eyes off of the crocuses, the light purple contrasting the deep orange inside, or the pure white primroses having the same effect.

(Y/n) crouched to where the soil met the concrete, smiling with such joyous luminosity towards the little blossoms embracing the midst of spring and absorbing her interest like the beams of sun. She played with some petals, her fingers melting into the silky touch to them as honey and bumblebees bounced from plant to plant.

It felt like a dream, but as her wrist fell into view from her position to give the ruffled daffodil just one more caress, she spotted the time. Her watch screamed with a time that dared to climb over the brink that separated afternoon and evening, and a small gasp broke from (Y/n)'s warmed chest and shattered her illusionary experience.

She raised herself from the fields of flowers buried under the thin trunks and fallen twigs, dusting herself off with a sigh of disheartenment that her daily visit had to be abruptly ended. She picked up the pace and applied a more serious aura to her steps, trekking the pathway in the direction she thought to be correct to lead her back into Station Square and the road of her home.

(Y/n) didn't notice an unrecognisable bend approaching, simply taking it with both eyes glued to the blue skies only just visible through the blanket of angelic vegetation. She didn't realise she had passed the diversion attached to the path that would guide her to the right place, stopping with a perplexed expression once a gate interrupted her flow.