𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐔𝐄𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔 → 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂 ✨ 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟐 ✨

💙

Adrenaline.

It pumped through (Y/n)'s veins. It pounded from within her thrilled heart to the rest of her body. It made her shudder, tremble, shake. It powered her bloodstream. It pressed shrieks that radiated in her pride of her latest and biggest accomplishment in her life training for a hero from her chest quaking from that same feeling.

Adrenaline.

Darkness surrounded her, alarms screaming for anyone still in the rusted old ship using the air like how its counterpart would manoeuvre over the ocean to leave immediately.

Black seeping over her vision in a mysterious glaze left her on edge, the siren desparate for the ship to be empty in the next millisecond before danger pounced not exactly helping.

But she could feel something other than adrenaline and the buzz electrifying her heart close to bursting from her chest cracking from the pressure of excitement. Something physical rather than just an energetic sensation that she'd become addicted to like a drug since taking on this adventurous lifestyle.

The secure hold of Sonic the Hedgehog kept her in place, her head balanced into his neck with one of his gloved hands to the back of her shoulder with the other where her legs blended into the joint of her knees.

Alarms continued to blare for anyone within the doomed vessel to abandon it or suffer the fate of demise, Sonic following its thundering instructions, picking up the pace as he came to where he knew the exit to be in the cloak of darkness.

(Y/n) turned to glance with (e/c) eyes flaming in thrill to where she'd just settled the battle with Eggman further in the depths of his Egg Carrier. His frustrated cries of defeat rattled the metallic walls of the ship alongside the warning to escape, which he didn't seem to be following.

She grinned in triumph, watching the room where she'd finally beaten who she'd been sent to so many times and left with hands empty rather than filled with the jewels of glory fade into the distance painted with the evocative red of screaming sirens.

Her mission was finally complete, and usually she would feel defeated that she needed Sonic to rescue her at the last step, but today she felt like a true hero herself.

A hero who had tricked the doctor into making his own ship crash in hope that the vessel would fall into the ocean thriving below it and pull him down with it into the inescapable trap of drowning with no ability to suck out a final gulp of life.

She couldn't have escaped the vessel alone, the alarms ablaze in crimson lighting glazing over her view already bleeding in blackness, but the thought of causing the ship to stoop so low to this state of inevitable quietus overflowed her heart with achievement.

It didn't matter she wouldn't be able to sneak out alone in time before she met the same fate she intended for the villainous doctor that the world would hopefully never hear from again, the super power of teamwork between herself and Sonic glowing with the same golden preciousness as the ability to complete the mission by herself.

(Y/n) turned back, her chin against Sonic's shoulder with her cheek feeling the irresistible warmth radiating from his neck as the heroic hedgehog skidded to a stop.

She jolted in his hold from the abrupt cease to their abscond, but the sparks seething between the metal pressed against the rest to form the exit immediately shone with an answer for her curiosity of reasoning.