𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐃 → 𝐄𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐎

Extra cuddles for @Flora_Fern !!

💜

Early morning sunbeams poured through the thin glass of the windows embedded in the little house's creamy white walls. Ivory paint lavished the exterior, light reflecting against the cracks still visible between each rough brick inside and out.

A soft glow leaking into the house gave it a calming aura, tracing its fingers ablaze in hope for a new day to progress as smoothly as it sat to the recently cleansed floorboards. Warmth emitted from where the ground absorbed it, spreading around the whole of the room and pleasing the aching legs of a special chameleon.

Espio took in a deep breath, his chest laced with a heart shaped patch of gently tanned skin breaking the pattern of his strong magenta scales rising slowly before sinking back down. He could feel the air heated from dawn's rays circulating his body, and soothing any tense energy in his muscles.

He had his eyes closed only lightly, the grinning sun even managing to pierce the blackout he attempted to leave behind his eyelids. His expression seemed emotionless, yet seriously concentrated. Espio's arms rested at the elbows to his knees where his legs crossed over one another in a position of meditation.

His fingers neatly connected at the gloved tips, curling into one another to add to the said meditating posture. His slim tail snaked around his spine indicated through individual ebony scales while drifting at the tip of his knee. An exercise mat of a similar fuchsia to the rest of his body supported him from below, the soft texture pacifying any tensity to his legs.

He felt a peace, but the heat radiating all around him disturbed him. It felt like he had been dropped into the heart of a fire, the early rays raging away across the shine of his scales with assumption of possible burning crossing his mind. Espio grunted softly, yet frustrated, weaving a meditating hand out of shape to swipe beads of sweat from his forehead just above his golden horn.

It seemed like it had been long enough - his daily installment was completed. He took another deep breath before opening his eyes, the vibrant shade against them battling in brightness to the gold in the beaming sun. He dusted himself off and cracked his knuckles relived to be released in a motion that eased any more tension in his arms as he rose from the mat.

Espio was pleased to hear the crunch of his shoes laced in deepened purple to meet the wooden floorboards, his eyes glazed in gold scanning the rather small lounge type room for somewhere that actually had managed to obtain shade. But just as he took his first step, something snatched his ninja abilities and directed them to contribute to his hearing.

Espio definitely heard something rattle from deeper into the house. He closed his eyes once more, not daring to finish that footstep with fears of muting any chance to identify the sound. He heard a door move, creaking at the hinge, but allowing him to listen in and identify the noise more accurately. His face dropped - perhaps the flushing of the toilet?

For once he wasn't sure, but from the direction the bathroom was located in the house compared to where the sound rumbled across the floor from, it seemed plausible enough. Espio made that daring movement, squeaking the floorboards as another door mimicked the same by opening just in front of him.

It revealed (Y/n), which lightened up Espio's concerned and rather perplexed face as soon as she fell into his view. But she didn't illuminate the room with that bubbly nature she would always carry around so effortlessly as if seemed so weightless, forcing Espio's expression to cease back down as soon as he noticed.

She looked drained, and ghostly in colour. It was like all the life had been sucked out of her, leaving the skin (of her muzzle) a depressed grey and voiding out the usually vivid shade of (h/c) to her (hair/fur/quills). She could be compared to a fruit with all its juice viciously siphoned out, leaving it behind as shrivelled and tasteless.