𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐏 𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐋 → 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖

🖤

Shadow the Hedgehog adjusted his quills. His fingers ran through the crimson streak that protruded the otherwise ebony scheme that dyed the fur of his mammal body from alien origins. He ruffled them from behind where some dipped down and others spiked up, and the movement tugging at his head from where they sternly poked out from massaged his mind deep inside.

You could say he was content.

Through his gloves he could feel the dampened gloss painted slick across said quills, and the moisture tickled the skin of his fingers once it had the chance to seep through after Shadow held his hands to them for just long enough. It cleansed them, giving them a cold yet refreshed scent. He rubbed up and down them, as if to soothe thoughts and power concentration.

He breathed out a warm snigger. His intentions contrasted its regular use as a genuinely warm smile accompanied it, and the small whisper that broke through smoked out into a fuzz of fog against the chilled air before him. Shadow felt a shiver to the tip of his nose, and with a gentle scrunch, he knocked away the droplet of water hanging on for dear life.

It was only a drizzle, but through his eyes captivated by the most hypnotic of crimsons, Shadow saw it as torrential. Enough to cause a treacherous flood! Where the water trickled from the dimly darkened clouds like tiny crystals, he saw an entire river pummel from the concealed sky in huge diamonds. When the wind blew in a softened swoosh, he heard a spine-tingling clap of thunder.

That's why he needed to bless her with welcoming shelter quite soon.

And that's why you could label him as so satisfied with the circumstance.

Because this circumstance had been looming over Shadow for a few weeks - following him like a haunting ghost even when he wasn't outside where it would usually spring to the most importance. Whenever rain decided to strike and murder the joyous luminance of any trace of the sun with miserable greyness and a damp touch to the air overpowering a lenitive warmth, it would unsettle him.

But today he had the courage to solve this.

Shadow patted his quills from behind once more, his gloves acting like a regular towel slowly drying them and tapping the last few droplets that clung on deep inside them away. He stood by the door leading to the back of his house, and awaited his beloved (Y/n). He could feel his patience melting as if the need to wait were to be a frustrated flame growing too close to the candle.

The scent - she has one more minute.

Shadow leant his head up so he could examine the sky's poor condition in a little more detail. The clouds seemed lighter in shade and the rain that spilt from them seemed lighter in influence, judging by the few that sprinkled themselves across his hand that stopped any from intruding the precious and irreplaceable deep red shine to his eyes as he pressed it to his forehead.

Miaow

Shadow snapped out of concentration hell bent of studying the sky, glaring at it with hatred until the clouds took the hint and allowed the blue to return against their will. He glanced back down with a small smile, a rumbling sensation crawling from his ankle to his knee. Soft too, angelic.

There she was, in all her beauty - varnished in heavenly white in neatened tufts normally spread fuzzy, but a little disturbed by the cold drizzle. A majestic feline, always posed proudly to prove her significance. Fur flourished more prominently at the tip of her tail and around her neck, sculptured more like a masculine lion but still with such feminine glory. Blue broke through the white within her eyes glossed with affection when the time was right.