𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐎 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 → 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖

🖤

Aggressive rain hammered against the roads, the murky waters building up between the curbs to form a misty river that prevented cars from speeding down.

Trees springing within the soaked land became windswept, drenched leaves swirling within the clouded sky that it felt that thousands of tsunamis poured from.

(Y/n) sped down the pavement, one hand keeping the hood of her coat above her head as she could feel the pounding of rain against it. The other hand grasped something she held against her chest, something she pleaded to herself that she would be able to reach home in time to keep it safe.

Vehicles that dared to leave their driveways in such hideous weather skidded past, a wave of clouded water crashing over (Y/n) as a shriek escaped her lips from the cold touch.

Her footsteps increased in pace, splashes of rainfall colliding with the ground alongside the spitting of the river below her feet from the impact. She just wanted to get home, to get into the warmth of her house that was situated between the battered trees just up ahead.

(Y/n) stormed through the brutal weather, reaching the door as the hand grasping the slippery hood scurried through her pockets. The other remained around the soaked cardboard box, the sound of her keys becoming audible much to her relief.

(Y/n) slammed her shoulder against the unlocked door, the drenched box feeling like it could collapse into shredded paper from the weight of the water. The door quickly became locked again, keys slamming the windowsill beside it that showed the vicious rainfall that continued to abuse the roads.

She carefully placed the box to the carpeted floor, coat sliding away from her magically dry shoulders to absorb the warmth of the activated radiator.

(Y/n) sighed, fingers running through her (h/c) hair that only dripped with murky rainfall from the very tips of the strands, staring down at the cardboard box just where the staircase began.

"Shadow..."

Within seconds, (Y/n)'s boyfriend arrived, orbs that's shade matched the sparkling stone of a ruby twinkled with concern. The unsure tone of her voice immediately summoned him, sensing his presence was urgently needed to assist.

"Yes."

"I found something."

Shadow's crimson gaze examined the box at (Y/n)'s feet, a gloved hand relaxing her shoulders as his arm snaked around them. The sides of their heads met, the sudden shuddering of the box causing Shadow's eyebrow to raise.

"Where did you find it?"

"Beside a trash can on the street."

"What's inside?"

"I don't know. I brought it home to see."

Shadow sighed, scarlet gaze locking with its (e/c) counterparts.

"Why would you bring it home if you don't know what's inside? It could be dangerous."

(Y/n) sighed alongside him.

"I know, but- it was soaked on the street. It was moving like an animal was inside. What else was I supposed to do?"

Shadow's fingers tickled her shoulder, sending an exhilarating shiver down (Y/n)'s spine. He held his hand to his head, approaching to the living room as his girlfriend's kindly gesture began to melt the ice of his heart.

"Bring it in."

(Y/n)'s concerned frown became a beaming smile, carefully scooping the soaked box back into her arms as it trembled against her chest like a kicking baby.