𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐈𝐌 → 𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂 ✨ 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟐 ✨

Delivery for @XwildRed !!

💙

The island recovered. No more scraps of metal could be seen carving into the naturally stunning landscape, forcing the patch of land that sometimes felt wide enough to be its own country to sink so low into looking like a junkyard.

But all of that was gone. All of that was a long time ago. All of that was washed away as the salted oceans cleansed the coastline with each brutal wave that edged closer to the rocky cliffs by the second.

It shared the dazzling blue of the sky, but sometimes with a ripple of grey from the foreshadowing clouds occasionally gathering above. A symbolism of doom, perhaps? From the sound of the harsh breeze clattering against the heated air with a growl of thunder every now and again, you could say so.

A hum blew through said sky, so innocently without a trace of knowledge towards the brewing storm just a few feet ahead. It was the hum of robotic manoeuvre, the crunch of a flame dappling over it. It briskly swept across the sky at quite a pace, observing the wreckage of the cliff face from each wave tearing the rocks apart.

Metal Sonic - still overcoming the trauma of his entrapment below the mountain of rubble after that explosion that seemed to be stuck on loop in his robotic processor. He could still sense the glow of kindness from the other robot he encountered to the joint of his leg, still thankful but curious of where they could be now.

Sometimes he felt weakened by the dependence on another being a thought he would revisit daily, but his mental programming always opened his mechanical brain to it like it possessed some locket with that same robot's glistening silver face inside to remind him to cherish such an act of generosity.

It had been so long ago. He hadn't ever stumbled upon that same robot again. But he needed to ensure he didn't get carried away, the doctor responsible for his construction sending him on a mission he could fail unless he wished to become his own scrapheap.

He shook his head, still with flames bursting from his stomach to power himself forward. His mechanical brain gave a spine tingling shiver of metallic parts knocking against one another, his silver fists clenching to clutch focus with beady crimson irises scanning the island trapped in blackened scleras.

He kept humming and hissing, speeding ahead with only one other thought aggressively programmed into his robotic mind just this morning from Dr. Eggman's base swirling through it.

Find a Chaos Emerald to power his next villainous scheme to enslave the entire universe under his control!!

It sounded farfetched, but Metal Sonic couldn't have his own opinion. He must always follow the doctor's orders, mind always feeling like a tunnel leading to only one thing with three channels to decide between depending on triumph or failure - take what was needed back to base and be praised and first priority for the next mission, accept your mistakes but continue to search until you find it with preparation for criticism over wasted time, or admit your defeat and never see the days again.

Life as a robot could be difficult, especially for one programmed and crafted to share the same if not excel the powers of his greatest enemy with similar appearance also. And certainly for one tyrannised by one of the most feared villains of the planet with no path in life to paint into time himself...