𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐎 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 → 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂

💙

"But I don't want to!"

"It's your turn!"

"(Y/n), please!"

"I did it last night, and the night before!"

Sonic pouted and crossed his arms. He stared into (Y/n)'s hold with his eyes glistening with the vivid shade of green one could find in buried with an emerald.

She gave him a look of displeasure, a hand sliding down from where it held what laid within her arms to reach her hip to give a stance of disapproval to accompany it.

Sonic sighed, shoulders sagging down as he knew he couldn't get out of this debate. A small smile crept across his face as the chao nestled into (Y/n)'s left arm gave a squeak of discomfort and frustration, eyes that normally sparkled with navy blue scrunched closed whilst it wriggled in irritation.

(Y/n) finished the discussion with pleading eyes. "Please, Sonic, just do it."

Sonic sighed much deeper and much harder, eyes closing for the few seconds the defeated breath escaped his tense chest.

(Y/n) could always win him over with those eyes, that grew and glinted like that of a begging puppy.

"Fine."

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

(Y/n)'s beaming smile couldn't possibly grow much wider in gratitude. She passed their squirming chao to Sonic hastily before pressing a quick kiss to his cheek and disappearing deeper into the house.

Sonic smiled from the gentle touch of (Y/n)'s grinning lips. He watched the chao wiggling in his arms as its stumpy aquamarine hands that brightened into succulent yellow at the tips clung onto his own gloved finger, like a baby's first affectionate touch to their parent.

Slowly but surely, his crimson shoes made their way up the staircase. Normally, he would zip up them in a cobalt streak and be over and done with the tedious daily movement in a flash, but he didn't want to aggravate the little chao any further.

Sonic carefully slid his finger from the chao's surprisingly tight grip, pressing the rest of his hand to the freshly painted wood to allow the bathroom door to swing open.

Evening sunlight bled through the hazy glass of the bathroom window, the sun lowering itself in the sky while sending transparent fingers through the glass to give the tiles of the floor and walls a final stroke before slipping away.

The chao squeaked louder and tossed and turned harder. Its eyes remained like two squeezed V shapes leant on their backs as the blazing light didn't help its uncomfortable state.

Sonic slid his finger back to its chest, the tiny creature's bright cyan chest rising up and down at an unbelievable rate as its hands that faded from the same shade into a vibrant yellow held it again.

He whispered careful sshh sounds to calm it down, the squealing quieting down and the breathing returning to an ordinary and content pace. Its little eyes quickly opened, squinting and blinking a couple times to adjust to the sudden light and focus to Sonic's comforting smile.

Sonic bounced the chao up and down in a soothing manner in the crook of his elbow as if cradling a baby. The expression of inquisitiveness made his chest warm up and caused him to wonder why he always refused to do this.

That's when he glared to what the next task of the night would be and remembered.

Water.

He sighed, gently placing the intrigued chao into the comfort of a deep grey towel that felt at home against the shimmering creamy white tiles of the floor. The ultramarine creature held a hand that matched the shade of a ripe lemon to its face, sort of in curiosity, which became clearer once the ball of the same colour that hovered above its head moulded into a question mark.