𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐉𝐎𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐌 → 𝐄𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐎

💜

Wheels of a suitcase crunched the stairs leading up to a little house but also the peaceful silence of the early hours of the morning. Sunbeams kissed the grass surrounding said building, the lawn glowing with dew like crystals spilt between each and every strand.

A clear blue sky observed (Y/n) as she dragged her belongings up the rickety staircase that felt it could collapse from the weight any minute, in full honesty. She heaved the briefcase above the final step laced with cracked wood and briskly painted to hide the damage, such a prickly texture spreading to the fenced patio of the house.

(Y/n) swiped the sweat from her forehead that beaded like the dew to the grass, taking a deep inhale of humid air to exhale her drainage in energy from pulling the luggage all this way. But a smile soon crawled across her face still dampened in perspiration, glowing in relief that she'd made it.

She was sure this is where she was supposed to be, slipping the little note crumpled from her journey from her pocket to triple check the address of where the team of detectives she'd been accepted to join would be. And with another scan and a glance to the lopsided number nailed to the wall with the same rough texture confirmed she was indeed in the right place.

A little window carved into the door illuminated the morning further, enticing (Y/n) to take a peek. With the very tip of her toes pressed to the decked entrance, she observed the movement inside the relatively small house - perhaps rather a cottage due to its size or a bungalow as there appeared to be no staircase.

A desk took centre stage, jet black boots of a crocodile balanced atop as he sat in the seat behind the table with stacks of papers and other detective equipment beside them. They rocked from side to side as he sat in a relaxed position with his arms behind his back and with eyes carefully closed. Headphones were strapped to the side of his head, his nose radiating a vivid green with the pattern of scales long and bouncing in a vibing manner from the music (Y/n) could faintly hear pounding through the headset.

Lockers and cupboards blocked the wall plastered with light ivory across one side, the mysterious aura of the crocodile's teammate glowing in the vivid magenta of his scaled skin also. He appeared to be a chameleon from the shaping of his head and the bright yellow horn slicked from his forehead lowered from his eyes closed in more of a stern nature than his crocodile companion. He stood completely still, arms crossed with his sleek tail slipped behind him with darkened spikes across it to the very tip curled upwards.

(Y/n) felt snatched by his bizarre essence, spellbound in a way. She shook her head and ducked down from the window, wanting her introduction to these detectives to be formal rather than accidental. She took a deep breath, dusting herself off with her luggage back in her hold with preparation to enter.

But an unusual buzzing froze her with a hand to the door to press it open, the sound screaming in alarm, perhaps. It increased in pace by the second, and louder by the minute. (Y/n) spun on her heels to locate the source, which wasn't as difficult as she expected.

She squealed in surprise, leaping aside and cowering by the fencing surrounding the wooden entrance to the house. She clutched the railing roughly, wincing at the sharp sensation crawling at her fingers with concern a splinter would be the next thing to worry about.

"Whoops! 'Scuse me!!" The source of the sound squeaked overlapping the aggressive buzzing.

(Y/n) observed the little bee with a package to his chest that appeared to be almost the same size as his relatively fluffy body bash into the house. He wore a mini jacket to insulate the top of his body with the stripes of saffron and black visible down the rest, a clunk to the door from what seemed to be a little helmet to his head with his antenna poking out to force it open.