𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔 → 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂

💙

A bright and enticing blue painted the entirety of the view from the tip of the cruise ship. It splashed into the ocean, dying the water with the same vibrant blue that bounced from the gentle ripples to the sky. The minimal amount of clouds drifting above passed a lighter hue, the water below sparkling in a more evocative shade like millions of tiny crystals had floated to the surface. Sunbeams traced their fingers delicately across the sea, absentmindedly observing the events that took place to the glistening floor of the cruise ship sailing between the fragile waves.

"(Y/n), please!"

"Oh, so now you need my help?"

Sonic cowered at (Y/n)'s feet. She stood with arms folded to block the pounding sensation her heart passed through her chest to be visible to the usually heroic blue hedgehog before her, his presence always having this effect. But today wasn't going the way Sonic had planned, gripping his hands together with knees to the shining base of the ship in a pleading manner that forced (Y/n) to conceal a few giggles.

Today, Sonic had planned to escape this luxurious cruise trip, courtesy of his human Earth friend Chris' father, that burned like the depths of Hell through his eyes dazzling with a stunning shade of green matching what could be seen glistening in an emerald. Everyone else peacefully enjoyed the unexpected vacation, but Sonic's fear of the gracious water surrounding the boat gnawed away at him the entire time and made the shimmering sea feel more like an ocean of blazing lava.

(Y/n) had noticed his attempts to escape the ship's captivity by tricking his other friends from their home planet to prove to his human companions that he wasn't the only one being driven insane. She had to admit it wasn't half of a bad idea, but she was strangely entertained how Sonic wished for her to now climb aboard the scheme of breakout.

Sonic sighed, accepting what (Y/n) had already cracked like a code. His hands remained interlocked as they slid to his knees collapsing to the pressure the regret brought to his shoulders sinking in guilt. His eyes quivered a little, unintentionally pumping more pleading fuel into the situation, (Y/n) staring down with a smirk.

"Yes." Sonic admitted with a small frown.

(Y/n) chuckled as her crush pouted, folding his arms in the same way she had done as her arms slipped to her slanted hips. She brought one hand to her forehead for a desperate yet quick massage to soothe the aching with her back slipping down the ship's frame, glancing to the spectacle of blue rippling to the rim of the boat before returning to Sonic.

"What do you want me to do?"

Sonic smirked, eyes interlocking with hers with a cheeky glaze shining over them. His grin was slim and sly, and (Y/n) had to smash the connection between their stares to eliminate her fluster before he could notice it. She shook her head for the crimson dust to her cheeks heated like the ocean from the sun to fade into the past second, Sonic noticing whilst rising up like her reaction was further fuel to his crafty snigger.

In swift succession that sent (Y/n)'s stomach into tangled knots and her heart into a bomb ready to explode, Sonic slid a hand to her back already pinned to the iron frame of the ship's tip. She inched backwards, but the tickling sensation of his fingers brushing her back pulled her forward with an expression illuminated by her daze.

Soon, both of Sonic's hands grasped her back. Gently, but tight enough to keep her in his strengthened hold while tugging her from the frame of the ship in a swing to the walling constructing where the boat blended into its interior. (Y/n) felt her spine become electrified with flustered energy from Sonic's viridescent stare being locked with hers, eyelids slipped midway to radiate the aura of intimacy that (Y/n) prayed to pinch herself to be unlocked from within the dream she knew to be having.