𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐈𝐌 → 𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂

Your meal, @XwildRed, with a side order of they/them pronouns!!

💙

Rubble. Debris. Remains.

Scrapped. Wasted. Ruined.

Blazes of the sun bled from where it could escape the darkened coverage to the metallic wreckage destroying the landscape, sending reflective tints contrasting the atmosphere the miserable robotic remnants created back into the clouded sky.

The place had become a robot's graveyard, if you will. Hundreds if not thousands of machines possessing the characteristics of such a being with a soul buried deep within became spoilage to the rural land, broken down into arms and legs and heads with no life.

No more radiant lights signalling the machinery's activation shone red or blue or yellow to the otherwise zestless environment. Only silver or gold remained in the heap of rubble, but without the valuable touch they normally should glisten to the satisfied eyes and with a saturated shine.

(Y/n) knew for certain they were the only mechanical being to remain with the power to climb the mountain range of deceased fellow robotic creations. They became hesitant to touch the flaming metal constructing the monumental shape, fingers possessing the same metallic shine and texture flinching back from a millisecond of contact.

They weren't sure why they were doing this. Why were they searching this scrapheap for any correlative robots much like themself? Why did they care if any other machines survived the accident?

They didn't know. But they knew their programming contained the instinct to just check.

They crawled the slant of the mechanical eminence, each finger glistening in metal gazed at by the penetrating stare of the sun as they hissed a robotic hiss from the burning touch.

(Y/n) knew they had the power to punch through this heap of junk in a second, leaving the remnants of last night even more spread out across the usually tranquil island much like how their regular rival Knuckles could.

They knew they could channel the speed to send every metal fragment left in the mound flying into the oceans sweating in the heat that surrounded the peaceful land, mimicking the astonishing ability of their more familiarised foe Sonic.

But the heat that felt it could set their ingot exterior ablaze pressured such capability to the soles of their shoes engraved to their silver structure. The sweltering heat made the vision highlighted in deep (e/c) blurred into ripples even through their robotic eyes standing out unnaturally from the colourless mess they clambered.

(Y/n) couldn't take it any longer, a hand shining in the metallic shade painting the entirety of their body clinking against their forehead with no programming to form allowance to sweat but feeling hot enough to do so in a flesh consisted body.

Struggling to maintain enough fuel, they deeply clawed into the final heap of robotic pieces to see the tip of the mountain, sharpened fingers slipping down ever so softly from the pressure charged into the last push.

(Y/n)'s feet met the face of the summit, blazing temperature of both the deceased robotic metal and the feet of their own providing them with the unwelcome sensation of being set alight.

But they'd done it. They still weren't sure how, or exactly why, but they'd done it. A hand burning in a metallic silver shine became raised above the beady (e/c) sliced into the pixelated black to form their sclera, squinting into the mosaic pattern to notice the landfill site of departed rubble spreading on for miles.