𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄 → 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐄

Pieced together by @AussieWallabyFanfics !!

Mystic Jungle, deep into the night.

Or potentially early in the morning.

It was hard to determine.

Shadows pouring from the sky dyed so darkly in a glazed navy murdered the visibility of the land below. Vegetation seemed like beastly paws of some sort of fictional monster suffocated underground finally discovering enough strength to rip the fresh soil from the nether, or clawed hands ready to strike above from within the trees concealed in esoteric eclipses from the moon to the leaves.

Palm blades sliced the pure circle of white that the moon implanted against the moderately blue sky, and camouflaged the twinkles of the few stars alive behind the gloaming clouds of the day prior torn to shreds by calamitous rainfall. The body of water below where the ground dropped intensely was smoothly varnished by the odd shimmer from the midnight sky, and the little ripples quaked from a rustle in the plants above.

Speaking of the shadows bleeding across the ground closer to where the civilisation began upon those great islands of Mystic Jungle, a hedgehog granted with this reoccurring word as his umbriferous name trekked the ground. His shoes, shined to perfection yet chipped from the rough paintwork, crunched the rogue leaves tracing the grass stained a withdrawn yellow to the manmade lighting ahead.

Shadow could feel the air in this area turn cold. Chilled to the bone, compared to where he had departed from to enter this dangerous place. He could feel the burning line breaking this chunk of land away from any of the other islands, awarding it with specialty. He felt as though a real laser had cut through his ankle as he intruded the site, but the ultimate lifeform payed this daunting destruction of law no attention.

It was just a mere gust of unexpectedly strong wind at this time of undisturbed night that weaved behind Shadow, but the hedgehog engraved to the brightened ground like a simple silhouette felt a sudden shiver sneak down his spine. He could sense someone else was near, without even needing to shift his gaze striken by vivid crimson. He felt under a stalker, and from another seemingly unnatural whip to the wind he could tell someone was spying on him.

Shadow glanced to his communicator designed in such a way it would clip tightly but still softly around his wrist for functional use with the ability to avoid touching his almighty inhibitor rings, his frown reflecting through the polished glass screen. One word intruded the pure black screen in an irritatingly bright red pixilated text, over and over, with a repeated ellipses following.

Scanning...

The thin fog rippled again. Louder, and closer to Shadow with every fresh tear. By the time the air had the chance to patch itself back up from the disturbance, whatever this source of intrusion was scraped away the repairs. It felt quick, stealthy, and most of all, painfully suspicious.

A figure painted into the darkening sky like a layer of faint blue whiped clean from the horizon bounced over the oceans below the islands. His toes were visually pointed through his stern shoes glistening from the moonlight and stronger once he approached civilisation. He leapt effortlessly between the stone poles jutting out high from the polished waters, only taking him a second to reach the island under vast clandestine.

Hey, you! I know you can hear me!

You're captain of Squad Jackal, aren't you?!

Your squad was useless!

Go clean up their mess already!

"Yeah, yeah, I got it..." Infinite groaned in reply, his heart still stinging from their fateful destruction.