𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐔𝐄𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔 → 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂

💙

Mesmerising shades of gold leaked between the cracks of the leaves keeping the gorgeously glistening sun from the depths of the forest below. Breezes knocking the trees to the side remained forceful from what had taken place just behind, a disappointed sigh echoing the rustling underneath the blanket of rich, green foliole.

(Y/n) looked back, the debris of the chaos that ensued just a few minutes ago becoming crisply flamed particles fading through the humid air. She sighed once more, the crashes taking place behind her feeling like they repeated in her chest.

Her exhausted arms that felt like they could wither away in weakness remained in a secure place, however, the sensation causing her chest to pound faster than she thought was possible.

(Y/n) kept a tight grip to the shoulders of Sonic the hedgehog, the speedster known for showing up just in time having saved her from the previous event before anything worse could happen. She felt the need to repay her life long crush with anything he could want or need, but felt worst about not being able to save herself.

"Sorry..." She mumbled again, leaning her heated face to Sonic's shoulder until her embarrassed frown became buried in his cheek.

Sonic's gloved fingers tapped the height of (Y/n)'s back and the bend her in knees to secure his hold of her, a frown crossing his face.

"You don't have to keep saying that. It's not your fault." Sonic pressed on, (Y/n) feeling guilt gnawing away at her inside even deeper than before that she kept apologising.

Unnecessarily, however, in his shimmering emerald eyes that always made (Y/n)'s heartbeat that usually upped in tempo in his presence come to a freeze.

(Y/n) dwindled into silence, exhaustion crawling over her as she absentmindedly balanced her head deep into Sonic's shoulder. The heroic hedgehog smirked at the sensation, but kept his stunningly green orbs focused on the flourished land that lied ahead, feeling like it wouldn't come to an end for years to come.

"I think I should take you home now, in case anything else happens..." Sonic frowned, (Y/n)'s heart sinking further than she thought it could drop.

"Fine..." She mumbled, keeping her face buried into his shoulder while just catching a glimpse of her weary fingers inattentively caressing the strong shaping of his deep blue quills that always seemed to spellbind her in a second.

Sonic noticed the disappointment thriving in her saddened tone, a smirk creeping across his muzzle with an idea striking like the flame of a match.

(Y/n) stirred from her comfortable position, feeling Sonic taking a sudden diversion from the prefectly straight path that already felt it was drummed into the grassy ground by hundreds of feet before.

She observed in confusion, rising her head from within his neck to see the flourishing blanket of crisp leaves breaking open further down. She could see the stunning strips of sunlight pouring into an open field just up ahead, the trees of the luscious forest becoming a thing of the past as (Y/n)'s (e/c) orbs widened.

Sparkles of sunlight twinkled against the ripples of the glistening lake situated within the blanket of succulent grass. Clouds decorating the sky painted with the purest of blue reflected into the water like a mirror, shimmers of the most angelic white bouncing away with every wavelet. The forest continued in a prefect circle around the untouchable body of water, what seemed like hundreds of spring flowers bursting across the ground in an endless rainbow of colour.

Sonic slid (Y/n) to the ground, the smile that now controlled her face growing with every further second she could admire the gorgeous landscape before her. Admiration twinkled in her (e/c) orbs at the stunning sight, everything seeming perfect and that it was meant to be there, not a single plant or glint of light out of place.